don't break a plant || chapter 16

hey y'all

you'll never guess what i was listening to whilst writing this trainwreck
Nine Inch Nails on shuffle and then Hozier (Arsonist's Lullaby and In the Woods Somewhere lmao)
also a big thanks to my beloved friend/whore mother for helping me with this<3
you're amazing and i am in your debt

The lunch bell tolls, and I hop up from my desk to walk over to the greenhouse. When I arrive, Xavier stands next to the door.

"Maybe I've changed my mind," I joke to him as I open the door.

"After we spent about an hour organizing tools? You better not have."

I laugh and follow him inside.

The fire from the other morning in the greenhouse returns, but this time it's less violent. We aren't entirely unprepared now. I feel the table press against me again, the sharp edge cutting into my back. I inhale sharply as a mixture of the pain in my back and the kisses now on my neck send my brain into a confused spiral. If I thought my heart was beating quickly before, now it feels as though it will rip out of my chest.

He breaks away from the kiss, and I tilt my head upward to look at him, a slight flush on his cheeks. I pull him closer to me, back into the sub-space bubble of us. My skin prickles with warmth and chill at the same time as I feel his hand slowly slide up the back of my uniform.

The table cuts against my legs, as somehow I've shifted upward, and, trying to avoid being bruised in multiple places, I hook them around Xavier, steadying myself with a hand on the table. He shifts his hands so the one on my back is balancing me and the one previously on my neck is now under my thigh, effectively holding me up. I wrap my arms tighter around him to prevent falling backwards, tangling my fingers in his hair.

"Don't break any plants," I whisper shakily in between kisses as we move from table to greenhouse wall. One of the benefits of having a greenhouse is that the glass is not see-through and is also extremely strong. The glass doesn't even quiver when my back makes contact with it, but I can feel the chill of the class seep through the layers of my uniform.

He begins to trail the kisses down my neck and collarbone, pushing away part of the uniform. I press my head against the wall, breathing shakily. My thoughts are clouded by the rapturous feelings of holding and being held, of kissing and being kissed. I press my body into his, causing him to bite down on my neck in surprise. I let out a pained hiss, and he pulls back.

"Shit, [Y/N], I'm sorry," he says breathlessly, letting me step onto the ground again.

"It's okay," I tell him. "Was bound to happen."

Xavier turns my head to inspect the spot, and the feeling of his hands on me makes me shiver. "Are you sure? Might leave a mark."

"Of course I'm sure, you sweet idiot. Had I not been okay with that chance, I would have stopped you."

He smiles thankfully, and my face flushes further. That smile, that intoxicating, beautiful smile.

this short madness concludes Arc 2! Arc 3 will feature Parent's Day and probably some more of this shit

I have a taste for writing it, I've found... even though it hurts me