"You're about to go in a doctor's office full of pregnant women smelling like weed. You couldn't wait until after," I fussed.

"No, and they'll be aight. Let's go," he pushed passes me.

I grabbed his arm, "Why are you acting like this towards me?"

"Acting like what," he shrugged.

"Nonchalant, like you don't care about this. Like you don't care about me," my voice softened a little.

"Cause I don't. The only thing I'm supposed to be caring about is my child that you say in your stomach.  I got a studio session after this so let's go Alexus.

-

The appointment was full of Von being cold to me. He asked the doctor questions about the baby and its development and even talked to the baby while it was on the screen. He refused to say a word to me though.

That was the only time his face lit up. When he saw our child on the screen.

After she was done, she asked did we want pictures and of course we did. She said the max she could print at one time was 15, and I just got 8 to give to my family and to keep. Von just got one.

She came back with the pictures, "Are you guys first time parents?"

"Yeah," I smiled.

"No," he answered.

I tried so hard not to look at him.

Where did this come from?

"I wish you guys' good luck. Since your still two months almost three, the next appointment will be a month away from your 3-month mark," she told us.

"Thank you so much," I smiled.

"No problem. Have a nice day."

I walked out of the doctor's office, leading us. I didn't stop until I reached the, never looking back at him. I stopped dead in my tracks when I got to the car, making him bump into me.

I turned to look at him and his face was expressionless.

This was not my Von at all.

"We talked about everything, and you never told me you had child," I spoke first.

"I don't take people knowing about him lightly."

"So you have a son. If you really loved and trusted me you would tell me things like this. Did you even really love me? Did you ever plan on telling me?" I questioned.

"Don't ask me that dumb ass shit and I planned on telling you. I just didn't get the chance too."

"We made this relationship about being so open with each other, I mean we really talked about everything, and you deliberately kept the fact that you had a child from me," I fussed.

"Are you done?" he looked at me blankly.

"Do you not care about anything that I'm saying," I mumbled.

"You trippin' out and I'm letting you," he shrugged, and I nodded.

"Get over its Alexus. At this point, we should just stay cordial. We'll have a child together in less in 6 months and you keep telling me that you love me like you don't know that I'm messing with Asian. That's disrespectful and you know you wouldn't want somebody doing it to your relationship. I feel like we should talk about a custody plan, something that's fair to both of us not just you," he said. I didn't say anything to him.

I had a lot on my mind, and I missed the old him. The him that was my best friend. All I wanted to do was be wrapped in his arms telling him about my problems and he'll listen and tell me everything will be okay, maybe he'd even help me solve them.

But I couldn't do that. He was at the center of my problems, and it seems like he couldn't care less.

I just nodded to him before getting inside of my car. I turned my phone back on and watched the notifications flood in. Most of them were India asking was okay because she hadn't heard from me and then she started asking about the appointment.

I looked over and seen Dayon's car leaving.

I skipped over all of the notifications and went to Scarr's contact.

The first ring didn't even go through before he answered.

"Hello," his voice came through the phone.

"I-," I could barely say before I felt myself start to breakdown on the inside.

"Give me 30 minutes, and I'll be at your front door," he said and hung up the phone.

-

-

I was wrapped in Scarr's arms watching 'Criminal Minds' eating the fruit snacks he brought me.

"Lexxi," he called and I looked up to him.

"You do know I have feelings right," he looked from the TV to me.

"What do you mean?"

"You can't just call me when you have a problem. And you shouldn't have ignored me after I ate you out. We still friends fat mama, I wasn't going to be weird about it," he expressed.

"I'm sorry that I make you feel like that. I don't only want to be around you when I have a problem. I do love being around you. I was avoiding you because I didn't know how to feel about. It wasn't bad at all, it was just similar to how I started with Von, and I didn't want to project us onto you," I explained.

"We're okay," he smiled.

thoughts?

thoughts?

comments?

suggestions on anything?

vote for me...

finished: January 2, 2022 \ 3:02 pm

1,056 words.