FIFTEEN

Chris was sat across from me on my bed, well... He was laying at the end of it and I was sat towards the top near my pillows. He was quiet, "Chris?" I said to him, trying to get him to say anything, but he stayed silent, "What is going on?" 

"I've got nothing," He finally spoke, "Absolutely nothing." 

I couldn't help but give him a confused look, "That's not true," I tried to lighten to mood, pushing him out of the slump he seemed to be stuck in. 

"I've been kicked out of college, I'm homeless, and I'm never going to see Angie ever again." 

I nudged his shoulder, "Oh, stop your whining, things could be a million times worse, right? Stop being a pussy and go fuckin' do something about it, right?" 

Chris sighed, "Fuck it."

I sighed, "I guess fuck it works for the both of us, doesn't it?" 

Chris leaned up, nodded in response, then he quickly shook his head, "Not really." 

I slumped my shoulders, "Yeah, doesn't work at all, does it..." I then groaned, "But, what else  can we do?" 

Chris seemed to look confused, he then he tilted his head to the side, "I don't get it, you always seem to be ready to take on the fuckin' world, why are you stooping down to my level? Is this some pity thing?" 

I let out a small laugh, "Fuck no, my life is one massive shit hole right now, yeah?" 

"How so."

I laid down near him, "Simple. First Tony confesses his love to me, and I manage to be dumb enough to tell him I love him too, then when it seems to be calm enough, he gets hit by a fucking bus, so..." 

Chris leaned his head against my shoulder as he laid back down next to me, he let out a long sigh, "You may have me slightly on upped there..." There was a long pause, "Have you talked to Tony at all lately?" 

"No, not as much as I should be, I think..." 

"It's fine to not want to involve yourself," Chris seemed hesitant as he said this to me. "I mean, it's a lot to deal with, especially after everything." 

I wasn't sure how to respond right away, we just laid there, it was just silence until I heard my mum's voice, "Oh, Astrid!" She sounded fuming, I quickly sat up, Chris didn't move, it was like he thought not moving met my mother couldn't see him, or something. "Chris, right?" Suddenly her once raging demeanor changed, her shoulders relaxed and she let out a shaky sigh, "It's nice you have, uh, friends to... talk to." 

I nodded, "Yeah, we were just going to head out." 

Chris got up, looking at my mother, he didn't say anything as he walked out, I lingered for a moment, "How are you, Asti?" My mum asked me, she had a serious tone. 

"I am... I am fine," I struggled to lie, "Things are getting better."

She rubbed my back, "How is Tony? I haven't seen or heard anything about him in a couple of days, have you been to visit him?"

I hesitated to answer her at first, knowing she wouldn't like the answer, "I- uh, I haven't had the chance, his parents have him on a bit of a lockdown after he tried to go to a party... Didn't end well."

My mother sighed sadly, "Well, when you see him next, whenever that may be, tell him to stop by for dinner, will you?" 

I nodded, "Of course, I should, uh, go catch up to Chris."

"Right! Go on, don't let me keep you." 

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶