There's a sound of silence before the two men are in view again, "Explain to me why Heather barely talks to me but she'll sleep with you, even though you're engaged and the guy who put her husband through that window."

Matt turns to responds when gunshots come through the garage door window's and everyone hits the floor. Once the shooting stops and the sound of a car speeding away sounds, everyone checks on each other.

Kelly and Matt make their way over to the paramedics to check on them, "Are you guys okay? Anyone hurt?"

"No," Nicole shakes her head, "We're fin-"

"Nicole!" Shay yells, pointing at her bicep, "You were hit."

"What?!" Matt and Kelly shout, pushing over to Nicole and maneuvering her arm to see the bleeding bullet hole.

Nicole pushes them off her, "I'm fine. It's barely a scratch."

Chief comes over to check on them and sees Nicole's arm, "Nope. Go get it checked out."

"What? But-"

"Go. Dawson, Shay, take her in 61. Use lights and sirens to go fast enough that she can't jump out of the rig," Boden directs, giving Nicole a stare as if to challenge an argument.

Rolling her eyes, Nicole allows herself to be escorted to the rig, "That was one time."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole huffs as she sits on a bed at Lakeshore as Shay and Gabby flip through magazines in chairs on either side of her, "You know, I could've wrapped this up by now."

As she goes to stand up, Gabby and Shay each grab one of her arms and pull her to sitting down. Once she stays, Gabby pats her head and flips to the next page in her magazine.

"Well, Ms. Severide, second visit in less than six months. Dangerous job?" A doctor asks as he comes into the area.

"I'm a paramedic for the CFD. I was in an ambulance crash and a shooting at my firehouse. Apparently, I'm just unlucky. Now, can you stitch my arm up so I can get back to work?" Nicole asks, impatiently.

"Sure," He nods, "But first, we're gonna take some blood samples just to make sure everything's alright and then maybe a scan to check for the bullet or any pieces and then we can stitch you up."

Nicole groans, throwing her head back, "I have an exit wound, so you can skip the scans, the bullet is completely out. The blood samples are completely unnecessary for a simple bullet hole. So. Stitch. Me. Up."

Shay and Gabby each grab their phones, "I'll call Kelly," Shay threatens.

"I'll call Matt," Gabby adds.

"I'll call your Chief," He doctors throws in.

Nicole glares at all of them for a moment before rolling her eyes and holding out her arm, "Just take the damn blood."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

In the rig on the ride back, Nicole sits in the passenger seat in shock as Shay drives and Gabby keeps looking at Nicole, "So, how we feeling?"

"Uh, um, uh, huh?"

Shay gives an encouraging nod, "See. We got sounds this time, so progress."

Gabby pokes Nicole's shoulder, "Let's try a word, this time. What are you feeling?"

Nicole stares straight ahead, before shaking her head and waking herself up from the shock, "How the hell am I pregnant?! I mean, I know how, but how!?"