wild rose (james patrick march)

Start from the beginning

He brought you a single red rose, you favourite flower "ready to go dear?" He asked taking your hand in his, before intertwining your arms, walking side by side.

"Thank you for this James, it's most generous of you" you smiled your signature red lips, driving James crazy, he knew he couldn't wait any longer to go ahead with his plan.

Entering the party, arriving last but fashionable, all eyes on you both, the rose in your hand, whispers amongst others, as they gawked at your and James.

Through the night you and James danced, sipping expensive champagne, having a fun time, "come with me" he instructed taking you somewhere where you can be alone.

"Do you know where the wild roses grow?" He asked you shook your head as he lead you, where they grow, "my maid miss evers grows them so sweet, scarlet and free, they reminded me of you" he stated making the heat rush to your cheeks.

Finally he showed you the rose bush outside the cortez, they were beautiful, you admired they're beauty, "y/n?" James mumbled his eyes never leaving yours "yes james" you smiled your eyes never leaving the roses.

"Give me your loss and sorrow?" He said, you were confused by what he meant "what do you mean?" You asked, "I mean I want to be the one to make you happy pursue your dreams" he said.

"Not to tie you down so your bond to hover over a stove but to be worshiped, to be treated like a queen" he enquires, taking you aback, no one ever said anything like that, nevermind wanting to treat you like one.

"James I don't know what to say i-" "just give it a think dear" he interrupted not wanting to put you on the spot to make a decision.

But little did you know, the secrets that will be unveiled to you sooner or later.

On the third day he had taken you to a river, where more of wild roses grew, you sat on the grass, watching the water flow, peacefully, James eyes never leaving yours, "are you alright james" you smiled snapping him out his thoughts.

"Why yes dear what makes you this otherwise" he smiled back "oh nothing just noticed your staring" you giggled, now he was the one to blush, it was a lovely sight to see, you thought.

Your eyes locked, James face coming closer to yours, till your lips locked together, the first man you had kissed, his lips were soft, pulling away to see your rouge lips stained his own.

"That was my first kiss" you blushed hiding your face, only for James to tilt your head up with his hand "and many more to come dearest" he smirked.

"Let's go back to the hotel" he wanted his plan to happen on his premises, on his terms, taking your hand heading back to the cortez, the elaborate building always took your breath away, the glamour, the beauty of it all, was breathtaking.

Finally making it to your floor James standing beside you, "Thank you for today James I really enjoyed it" you said opening your door, you didn't want it to end, you ended up inviting James in, little did you know this was according to his plan.

Another kiss James gave you laying you on the bed, all you heard was a muttered word not knowing what it was, as he knelt above you with a rock in his fist.

He kissed you with that, rock in his first, "all beauty must die" he whispered hitting you till you were dead, afterwards he planted a rose between your teeth.

You looked peaceful to him, as he carried you to his study, miss evers came running in as he was discarding your body, your soul leaving it a while ago, you sat in the room you were murdered in, sobbing.

"How could I had trusted him" you cried out wanting revenge, but karma was a sweet thing at times, miss evers warning James that the police was on their way up, resulting him and her taking their own lifes.

Looking back you still hated James, he would try his best to have you forgive him, but nothing worked, over 100 years and you still held that grudge.

"Y/n please I'm sorry I didn't mean to" he said at the bar where you sat with Sally, "you didn't mean to you pulled all that nonsense just to kill me James now I'm trapped here" you weeped.

"Dearest please I did it so we can be together remember what I had promised you" he asked earning a scoff from you, fixing your jeans, standing up.

"Yes I remember or obscene words how you manipulated me into falling for you only to get my head bashed by a rock" you snapped walking away.

You knew now why you got your nicname the wild rose, you hated it, now known as his victim for all eternity, Sally becoming a close friend over the years.

As well as liz, cleopatra everyone called her, who helped you dress modern as time passed by, so you wouldn't be like how James remembered changing everything about you from back then, the gullible girl.

"Y/n please a century I've been apologising I love you" James pleaded following you around like a simp, "you love me really" you laughed in his face.

"Remember our first kiss, how special it was" he asked "Yes and I remember our second where I died" you said "please dear what I would do to feel your lips on mine once more" he stated.

Now holding you, looking into your eyes seeing the old you, his wild rose back, he pressed his lips back on yours, not wanting to lose That feeling again, you melted into the kiss, mentally kicking yourself for being like putty in his cold, murderous hands.

He pulled away, resting his forehead on yours, "I forgive you James" you sighed, "Thank you I've been dying to hear you say that for a century" he smiled.

_________________________________________
Based on the song where the wild roses grow by nick cave and Kylie monoge this song gives me James patrick march vibes