Echoes of the Shatterverse

There was a round of 'clicks' as the Ascendency troopers dropped their visors back into place and began bringing their weapons to full power. Having made the transition a number of times already, Naveaia had her escort team good to go as soon as we had boots on the ground.

But we weren't implanting here. Vask was already in the planet we were traveling to. Hopefully we'd drop out just long enough to figure out what we were doing with the Kethari and the Zim echoes we were recovering.

- Two, I see your vessel appearing above our encampment, - Turen's voice spoke into my mind. - It is good that you've returned. -

- Thank you, Turen. General Hannibal and myself will come out and discuss what our next steps will be, - I said, looking over at Hannibal, who quickly gave me a thumbs up, indicating that he was in on the conversation.

- Outstanding, Two. We are gathered by your original landing site! - the Kendari leader indicated. - Stephos and his people are also here. -

- Understood. - Then, out loud: "Lux, put us down close to our original landing site. The Kendari leader Turen is there along with its people and Stephos and the Zim."

"Understood, Master Two. Shifting over now. Landing in three, two, one. Down. Ramp is extending."

Naveaia quickly sent her escort down the ramp with tight knife hands, their weapons up and ready. Teal was just as quick to join her, leading her fireteam down the ramp right behind the escort, weapons also up and ready. Then came Hannibal and myself, the entities staying on the type 4 and out of harm's way in case something furballed.

Standing several meters away from the ramp's foot we found the slender reptiloids patiently waiting for us, every one of them armored in modified n'vorn-style heavy assault armor, with heavy assault rifles visible over their shoulders in their magnetic clips. As I jogged down the ramp, one of them stepped forward.

- My friends! - Turen declared, not a little joy in its mental voice as it held up a three-fingered hand in greeting. - It does my eyes well to put them upon you again! -

Hannibal paused long enough to flip up his visor so his face was visible, a move I copied even as Naveaia and Teal spread their teams out to establish a perimeter around the type 4. The venerable ghost held up a hand in greeting.

"Turen," he said. "Thank you for your patience. The situation on our side has been resolved, which puts us in an excellent position moving forward." He dropped his hand. "Which is also a perfect time to ask the Kendari and the Zim how they would like to participate in the Risen alliance!"

By that point the massive centaur Stephos had made its way forward to also lift a hand in greeting.

"Point us towards the battle and we'll be there," Stephos rumbled, the Zim leader also wearing a version of the n'vorn armor that had been modified for his powerful body. "Warriors are what I have in my company. No scientists or politicians, or even merchants." He then looked over at Teal and her company.

"I see you've garnered more allies."

Hannibal looked at me and made a gesture with his head to suggest I do the explaining.

"That would be Captain Teal and her fireteam, Stephos," I said, looking at the big crocodilian. "We liberated her and her people from imprisonment as part of the operation we just carried out to rescue captured members of our own people. They are more like yourselves, Hannibal and me with their mechanical bodies but, like both the Zim and the Kendari, have fire in their souls and a desire to fight against our common enemy, the T'sang known as the Collector."

- Allies of the Risen, are allies of the Kendari, - Turen didn't hesitate to say. - We look forward to fighting alongside them. -

"As do we," Stephos said with a waggle of his head much like the avatar Speaker Thiss did when it agreed with something.