It was a peaceful morning. Soon, my mom had to leave for the chapel. But not before the Queen announced our new titles.

"Upon the occasion of their marriage, I confer these titles upon Prince Arthur of Wales and Princess Victoria of Denmark. Henceforth, they would be known as The Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, and Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus." Everyone was thrilled. But I was indifferent. I just wanted to see Arthur.

Soon enough, I was fully ready to go. I looked perfect. And my father didn't shy away from giving me my praises.

Getting into the carriage was quite the struggle because my veil was quite long and full

Getting into the carriage was quite the struggle because my veil was quite long and full. As we settled in, my father turned to me with a smile.

"I never thought I would see this day. I'm happy for you Victoria."

"Thank you daddy. I just...feel so blessed. Arthur is the best person. And his family...the sweetest."

"Make no mistake, they are sweet because they have to be. They usually give people hell before they settle in. You're royalty, so you're different. Don't forget that. Don't let anyone treat you like you're less. You are not. Ok?"

"Ok. Thank you daddy. For everything." He wiped a small tear away. I'd always been close with my father. But I felt closer to him right now.

As we arrived at Westminster Abbey by 11am, on the 29th of April, he helped me down from the car. With my face covered by my veil, he joined our hands and we walked. Louise was my maid of honour and Camile was one of my bridesmaids. The other three bridesmaids were close friends from Denmark. With my bouquet in my right hand, and my father holding my left, we walked into the chapel. Louise was holding my veil at the back.

My first thought when I walked into the Abbey was WOW! As we walked in, the cued music played. It was "I was glad" by Sir Charles Hubert Hastings Parry. Louise let go of my gown, and held two page girls. Arthur's back was to me. I could see his figure at the far end of the altar. Everyone was silent. But I could see how excited they were. Their eyes showed it all. As we got to our stopping point, I gave my father a smile and stood next to Arthur. He turned to me with the biggest smile.

"We made it." He said with a wide smile.

"We did." I said as I returned his smile. Vincent was Arthur's best man. Arthur was in his full Irish Guards uniforms, along with his ranks clearly showing.

The service proceeded with the formal service and congregational singing of three well known hymns, fanfares, anthems, organ and orchestral music.In our vows, we both promised to love, comfort, honour and keep each other. This was sealed by the exchange of a single ring.

The lesson was read by my uncle, and he read from the Epistle to the Romans, Chapter 12, verses 1-2 and 9-18. Then came a sermon from the Bishop of London. He ended his sermon with a prayer, written by us.