𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, storm surge

Comenzar desde el principio

"Hey, hey," He shakes his head, wagging a finger at her, "You're last relationship was with Rafe Cameron. Please keep that in mind before you bash me for my lack of love," He throws open the driver's door, while she jumps into the passenger side.

Letting her head drop back to the head rest as she mutters, "What is it with you having to bring him up in every conversation we have?"

He glances at her as he slips the keys into the ignition, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you fell in love with Rafe Cameron, and then proceeded to forget you were a Pogue for that year."

"I've apologised for that," She snaps harshly, motioning at him to start the car, "Now shut up, and drive."

*ೃ༄

MUCH TO HER ANNOYANCE, her brother and Pope had left to go surfing during the surge. Leaving Ava in the
Chateau alone, with nothing but her cigarette pack and a single bottle of beer.

She leans against the beam of the back porch, watching as the rain hammers down onto the garden around her, but the roof of the porch keeps her dry as she pulls out a cigarette and her lighter. She places the poison between her lips as the flickering flame lights the other end.

Ever since she was younger, the rain has been somewhat comforting my. It's a very rare occurrence to have any rain in Kildare, let alone a storm that causes flooding and hundreds of puddles on roads that usually burn your bare feet.

Behind her, JJ leans against the door frame, his hand curled around the neck of the last remaining beer bottle as he looks across the porch at the back of Ava, watching as her flicks her hair back over her shoulders.

Ava Routledge has been one of his closest friends since third grade, and if he could he would attached permanently to her hip just so he could watch her. Even when they were younger, he'd give John B silly excuses to go to the bathroom, and he'd sneak to Ava's room across the hall just to tease her. She would claim she hated it, but over time they spent more and more time with one another, and he could tell she was warming up to him.

As they grew older, the pair started to do everything together and everyone across Kildare, including the Kooks, discovered who they were as they watched the blonde pair charge through the streets on their bikes, or running away from the cops together. Sure, the Pogues were a group of close friends, but inside of that group, there was their duo. The duo that everyone tired to ignore most of the time, as seen as they never had a good idea. Most of the time, Ava and JJ would leave their three friends to hang out while they went surfing, knowing that their friends probably wouldn't miss them.

After taking a large swig from his beer, JJ finally speaks, "Why you stood out here?"

Ava whirls around, her eyes wide and mouth agape, but one she sets her gaze on him, she relaxes and swallows thickly, "Jesus christ, J. You scared the shit out of me."

JJ smirks, "Glad I have some affect on you."

She shakes her head, chuckling lowly and licking her lips, "What are you doing here?"

His eyes flick over her denim shorts and bikini top and he presses his tongue against his cheek with a smile, "Get back inside, Ava. You're gonna get. . . fuck, what's it called?" His eyes drop to the floorboards as his mind goes crazy, "New. . ." He tires, running a hand through his hair.