Chapter 2 | Enter Steven Universe

(Image above does not belong to me, but SOUNTRAK NOIR on Pinterest.)

Well, well, well, lookit what we have here? 

An idiot who can't keep from procrastinating and write the FUKIN story!

I am- so sorry...

It's uh- here now though, so enjoy it I guess. Lol.

(Also, POV go brrrrr.)

~~

After what felt like two decades of silence, you decided enough was enough. "Uh-- Hi?" You said, clearing your throat with a silenced chuckle and nervously waving at the young boy. Steven, who was expecting everything but this encounter, blinked twice before acknowledging your words.

To be fair, it wasn't everyday you walk-- warp-- in on three gems standing off against one another with weapons drawn in this supposed era of peace.

"W-what's going on?" He asked in a concerned tone, eyeing the three before he froze with his gaze on the amethyst who glared daggers at the young boy. Although they held their aggressive demeanour, the amethyst started to slowly retreat. As three against one, especially against a diamond, wouldn't be ideal. "Your part of the rebellion I heard about aren't you? We can work this out, we don't have to-"

Without warning, the amethyst shouted something unintelligible and rushed out of the throne room, taking everyone by surprise before they slipped into the shadows down the hall.

...

"So uh, that was something, huh?" You chuckled nervously before squeaking in pain as Jasp slugged you hard in the arm after putting her weapons away.

"It was something alright," Jasper muttered, taking out a small device from her gem and pressing a few buttons before returning it back to her gem. Jasp looked at Steven and immediately bowed her head.

"I am so, so sorry." Jasp apologised profusely to the hybrid before continuing. "My friend and I were just leaving to head to Earth before this crazed amethyst started attacking us, we hope we didn't cause you any trouble." She explained. (Name) knew it was out of fear. The rules may have been changed over the past couple of years--

but Steven was still a Diamond and therefore still equally as terrifying as the other three in power. (Name) shuddered slightly, boy do they know that feeling of paralysing distress all too well.

"No, no. It's okay!" He spoke, giving the two a small smile allowing Jasp to relax before adding, "I don't think we've officially met. I'm--"

"Steven Universe, saviour of the galaxy and the heir to Pink's throne!" You clutched your hands as they shook from excitement, Steven lightly cringed but it went unnoticed, "you live on earth with three-- technically four-- other gems, a pearl and an amethyst and one that is a fusion between a ruby and a sapphire!" You blurted out with enthusiasm, "I heard her name is 'Garnet'! I also know that

you met a Peridot and saved the earth from a geo weapon! You befriended a Lapis, met, healed and reunited all of the original Crystal gems--" You looked at Steven and noticed his expression, making you realise you had possibly made it a little awkward, you slapped your mouth shut. Whoops.

Jasp looked at you with an expression of shock and discomfort as well as slight amusement. Steven could only squint and try to comprehend what he just heard.

Ah- here we go. I was too annoying and weird again wasn't I? And just when I thought things would be better--

"I- You," he paused exhaling, "I'm actually surprised by how much you know."