xxxv

Raven's POV

My heart was in chaos as I made my way to the car.I should have said something. I had the opportunityI to tell William that Merce is his daughter. But the look in his eyes,I didn't want my daughter to face the rejection and suspicion of her father.

They would think  I'm just trying to get some money out of them. Plus I've subjected myself to forgetting William but it's hard for me. I can't help but imagine what it would be like if we worked things out.
I spent years thinking and fantasizing About because he hurts. I have to pretend I no longer care.

"How did it go? Are you okay?", Scott asked as soon as I got into the car.

" Merce what did I say about talking to strangers! I never want to see speaking to that man again.Am I clear?",

" Yes Mom",she quietly said, hiding in Caleb's arms. I wanted to tell her that the stranger she was speaking to was her father and that the people he was with were her family.
We drove home in silence , I'm always a mess after seeing William. I wish forgetting someone was as easy as falling in love with them.

Scott asked the kids to go on ahead and get into the house where Ash and Anthony that went ahead of us had already arrived.

"Do you ever plan on telling William about Merce? that was your chance, why did you let him assume she was the daughter of somebody else?"

" You saw for yourself they always assume the worst about me of course they will definitely doubt Merce's legitimacy I don't what to subject her to her father's rejection",

" I think he deserves to know at least you would have done your part and neither Merce nor William will blame you I the future",

" I wish I didn't move back here",I sighed and said,back at the village everything was amazing and peaceful. I don't know if I want to tell William the truth anytime soon, I've tried so many times.

"Hey you know that I'm here for you right?",he said and warmly touched my cheek. Scott just had a way of calming everyone around him. Why can't I love this man? Why can't I forget about William and just move on? But it was easier said than done, especially when I had fantasies of William and I working out,him learning the truth and us getting back together.