We left after I found the perfect pair of shoes and got a new haircut.
I wondered what Anthony did but Ash wouldn't tell me anything. All I knew was that he was going to be there at the party and she was going to piss him off. I'll just call a taxi on my way home,because I knew his car was going to be the venue of their makeup.

We picked Merce and Caleb up and immediately started getting ready after we got home. The babysitter was a kind seventeen years old and gave me the impression she was responsible but I still told her to call me and stay with her phone so I can check up on the kids.

I looked at my now shoulder length hair and I was loving it,a new hair cut felt like a fresh breath of air. And I have noticed one thing: no matter how stressed I got, my anxiety didn't get so bad that I'd need to take some pills to calm myself.

"Raven hurry up!", Ash yelled, making me chuckle. It's weird hearing her call me that because I'm used to her calling me Bird.

After kissing my kids goodbye,we went and got into the car service that waited outside for us, even though I was nervous I couldn't control the thrill I felt as I sat in the backseat with Ash.

She ended up telling me what happened between her and Anthony and it turned out they bumped into his ex and he said they were just friends, that's why she was mad and if I know Ash well she will take this seriously and act like they are just friends and nothing else. I have a feeling she'll be kissing a lot of guys tonight.

When we arrived there was an assortment of masks displayed,they were all unique in their own way,the person said they were made by orphans from St Paul's home for children.I picked a black mask which was  the same color as that of my heels.

The party was in full swing when we entered ,I grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waiter and took a large sip, looking through the crowd.

"Lets go to the VIP area", Ash said and grabbed me by the hand making our way through the lavishly dressed crowd.
She showed the bouncers our invitation and they lifted the red rope to let us through.

"How did you get a VIP invitation?", I asked her .

"Anthony knows a guy",she says and I get what is happening, Anthony is likely to be here. My thought is confirmed by the ringing of familiar laughter and I turn my eyes to where Ash is looking.
Anthony was seated there among a group of other men and women and like always it looked like he was the life of the conversation.

Ash squinted her eyes and exchanged her almost empty glass for a new one.

"Ladies,mind if I join you",A deep voice said. And an arm slithered its way around our shoulders. I wasn't comfortable with a stranger putting his hands on me so I shook his arm off and took a step back.

"I'm Ryan, sorry if I came off too strong",he smiled and kissed Ash's hand all the while keeping his eyes on me. "May I have the pleasure of knowing you fine lady's names?",

" I'm Ashley but you can call me Ash . My friend here",she said and pulled me closer to them " is Raven but you can call her",
"Raven, just call me Raven '', I interrupted her before she could finish.

"She's a little shy but is so single",she smiled and said.

" And you? Are you a single sweetheart?", He smiled at Ash and made her blush,even though half of his face was covered by the mask ,he was attractive. He excluded an air of sexiness. The mask made you feel intrigued to talk to him.he had a way with words,the way he carried himself around was confident,like he had confidence that he would have women swooning on their feet for him.
But I knew such a man like him,and I knew he was just a fuck boy someone that would boast about how many women he's slept with. I can tell such a man from a mile away because he reminded me of a man I knew to be like that once,William.

"Come I'll show you guys around and it looks like your glass is almost empty",he said looking at the glass in my hand.
They pulled me along and we joined another group of people that sat in a different section from where Anthony was,I tried my best to fit in so I didn't seem out of place. I haven't been to such parties in a long time,even though I would think dating a man like William whose life included attending high end parties would sensitize me and this is supposed to be a walk in the park.
Ryan sat in between us and introduced us to everyone else. A few drinks down and Ryan was already kissing Ash's neck,he wasn't the only one,some had their tongues down in each other's throats almost like they wanted to suck each other's faces off.

"Hey emerald really suits you well", A voice next to me said.
" I'm Franklin",the man introduced himself.

"I'm Raven", I say and finish the last of my drink.

" A name truly befitting",he said and smiled, acting like the hand of the woman that was kissing the man next to her but still rubbing her hand on his crotch was nothing.
Ryan's friends really had peculiar hobbies.

"I'll get you another drink",he said and stood up and walked off to the bar, he could have just poured me a drink from the bottles of alcohol on the table, something told me not to take the drink he will bring.

Ash kept giggling and avoiding Ryan whenever he wanted to kiss her lips,her eyes were still on Anthony who's section was a section across from ours.
Ryan followed her eyes to see what she was looking at and saw Anthony glaring at them and chuckling pinching Ash's cheek.

"You're one cruel woman Ash",he laughed and took a sip of his whiskey.
" An ex?", He asked her and smiled.

"He's ashamed to be seen with me",she said and glared back at him.

" I'd never be ashamed to be seen with women like the both of you",he said and smirked " how about we show him what he is missing out on ''. He says looking Anthony straight in the eyes and He lowered his head to kiss her.

I didn't see what time Anthony reached us from where he sat ,he suddenly pushed Ryan  off of Ash and grabbed her  by the arm, whisking her off to who knows where obviously to have an argument and later make out.

"Well it seems the party is over for your friend",he laughed and turned to me. " So how about you and me get out of this place butterfly and go somewhere quiet",he said, his thumb rubbing my exposed collar bone while his eyes hungrily looked at my almost exposed chest.
Have fun Raven give yourself a chance I said to myself. Not like this,I said to myself and suddenly stood up, almost staggering.

"Careful there", Ryan said and held me "look I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want, I'm just looking to have a good time tonight but it's okay if you don't want to. Even though it would be shameful since I was looking forward to making love to you and your friend",he whispered in my ear, making the hair on my skin stand.

Just sex. There is nothing wrong with that right? I'm not sexually frustrated,I always find time to pleasure myself with my vibrators and dildos.
But it's been long since I allowed myself the touch of a man because no matter who it is I always end up thinking of William and still feel that me sleeping with another man is the same as cheating on him.

"I need to use the bathroom",I said and got up again.

"I'll take you", Ryan said. I tried to say no and that it wasn't necessary but he still insisted. I could feel his eyes boring into my back and knew he was eyeing me.

I took my time in the bathroom trying to convince myself in the mirror to just get this over with and have sex with Ryan but I just couldn't. I washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom and couldn't see Ryan anywhere. I sighed in relief and prepared to get out of here and just go home,so much for a best friend who leaves me at the party she brought me to.

I prepared to leave when I found Ryan speaking to another man near the stairs. He had his back turned to me so I couldn't really see who it was.
"Raven!", Ryan called and the man he was speaking to turned to look at me.

"William I want to you to meet my date ",

"Raven?",a familiar husky voice said and my knees almost gave out.