Chapter 33- Remembering and Planning

Start from the beginning

No more talking about Ginny. It makes me nauseous.

I don't want anything from you, Wanker. I just want you.

What about you and your family? If you got punished for enjoying something I could only imagine what else. I'd always thought that you were worshipped and praised at home. After all, you did defeat the greatest dark wizard of all time. If anyone deserves praise, it's you.

D.M.

~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V

It was nearing curfew when I finally received Draco's next letter. 

The paper Dragon impatiently tapped the window. This time it was loud enough to hear, probably because everyone in the dorm was busy getting ready for bed so no one was talking. 

As I stood up to let it in, Ron said, "Ooh, another letter? What's it say?"

I rolled my eyes at his taunting voice. I let the dragon in with a smile on my face and it dropped into my hands. I quite missed Antony even if I still had a couple marks left on my hand.

"Like I'd tell you that. It's personal," I responded. I headed back over to my bed and found a comfy spot. 

"Yeah Ronnie, It's personal," Seamus says while walking past Ron. He has a towel on his head from getting out of the shower. 

Ron makes a disgusted face at Seamus and says, "Ew don't call me that. I hate that name. What are you doing here anyways Seamus? You don't even go here."

Seamus plopped down into his bed with a sigh. "Parents kicked me out. Said I was of no use to them if I didn't get a job. So I talked with McGonagall and she said I could stay as long as I finish my schooling."

Neville finishes buttoning his pajama top and says, "Well that's rubbish, mate. If you'd like you can stay with me and my Gran over the summer."

Seamus cringes and says, "Er- no thanks, Nev. I'm fine thanks for the offer though."

After that everyone gets into their respective beds and I get back to my letter.

I read it through and as if I haven't heard from him in weeks the excitement bubbles through me. The word, 'Wanker', in Draco's handwriting makes me laugh. The letters are so clean and perfect it doesn't suit the insult.

When I finish reading it I get out my own parchment and begin writing.

Draco,

It's definitely the auror in me. If not that then it's the nine months I spent on the run from Death Eaters. Tell me, Draco. That day that we got caught and brought to the Malfoy Manor, what was going through your head when you said you didn't know if it was me?

Why not just turn me in?

I didn't have to learn anything. When I look at you and you make me feel the way you do, it just flows. I'd never say things like that to anyone else. I don't think I'd be able to.

Since you asked so kindly- for once- no I haven't done anything. With anyone. Not Ginny. Not Cho. Not even Cedric Either.

I don't like to get into too much detail about my childhood but just know it wasn't good. I lived in a cupboard under the stairs until second year. But even then I only got that room because the Dursley's were scared of me. I was severely malnourished because my uncle would starve me as punishment. He never hit me but he didn't have to. The neglect was bad enough. 

My aunt usually stayed out of my business, surprisingly. She was too busy being in everyone else's business and doting on her spoiled perfect son. The most she ever did was give me looks as if my very existence was a disgusting blemish on her clean floors. My cousin, Dudley, did all of the beating.