1

I heard sirens going off in the distance, sweat was poring threw my forehead, the sun was drying up my skin like the rest of the desert. It didn't help me that the rocks and sand were more hotter then the air. I came upon the gas staton and walked in there and started to look around, the place was dead, so there left me and a tall, skinny person who was running the cash register. To my surprise the air conditioning was working, and boy did it feel great. I looked around the gas station, found a couple of things and headed to the young guy running the register.

I put my stuff down, I had bought a tall water, a bottle of Dr. Pepper, a loaf of bread, peanut butter, Jelly, and a bag of cheap potato chips. Its the only food I can afford. He rang up my stuff, I gave him my money and then I was on my way, heading towards my Foster Mother's house. I was on may way and suddenly I wondered what time it was, I lifted up my hand to see my Hello Kitty plastic watch, it read "1:35", yet again it was the thing that I could afford, one of the other foster kids what had looked to be five-ish had gave me it. I thought to my self, "Patty (my Foster mom) would probably be up from being drunk and high."

Just to clarify things, I'm never the one that gets picked for good homes, Its always other kids who do. I have come and gone threw Foster homes since I was young, so every time I move I don't get to attached to someone because I know that I wont see them again. I had just gotten to my street when I saw red and blue lights flashing.

"Oh no." I thought. "The cops might be there to take away Patty."

I started to run full sprint down the side walk, it didn't help me that I had a whole bag cluched to my chest. When I got closer to the end of the street there were news reporters, police, and basically every one who lived on our street lined up In the road, and guess what house they were surrounding. Mine. This couldn't be good. When I got to the edge of the crowd, everyone looked so confused.

I burst out running threw the crowd to the nearest Police Officer.

"Excuse me," I said as he turned around. "Im Kaylee Darrow, Patty Banta's Foster kid. What exactly is happening?"

"Well Miss. About 40 min. ago Miss. Banta had robbed a bank and we had managed to chased her down to her house."

Less then an hour I was gone and she was in trouble with the law. Then I saw her coming out of her house handcuffed with two other Police officers.

"Were going to be taking her down to the station, and your going to have to come with us to the station to put you in a different home. Come with me, your going to be riding with me."

"Okay." I replied.

When we got there Patty was already at the station. The officer had told me to sit on this herd bench out in the hall. I waited there quietly reading The Diary of Anne Frank that I had "borrowed" from one of my old schools. Then one of the officers came up to me who looked to be in his early 30's crouched down to me at eye level to talk.

"Your foster mom Patty took a drug test and shire enuf, she's on Crack. During her robbery she did shoot a man and is in critical condition. Now that we are aware of your living conditions we are going to relocate you to another family. Now don't worry, when I was about your age I went threw the same thing, and we have contacted great people that will place you in a great home."

"I highly doubt that. Every time I get placed in a home, the people who send me there just want to quickly place me and they don't really care what the living conditions are."

"Listen to me, I promise you that we will place you in a good home, and we even might let you pick it." He said in a calm voice, as soon as he said it I saw a glimmer in his eyes and I knew he was telling the truth.

He stuck his hand in his Brest pocket and pulled out a small rectangular piece of paper, "Here's my card, It has my work phone, my personal phone, and my email. Call, text, or email me if you need help with something or someone, and remember its only for emergencies."

"Okay, I'll let you do it. I'll let you place me." I said in a serious voice.

****************

Dear readers,

Hey yall, hope you liked this chapter, sry if the spelling and or Grammar is wrong. Im just in 8th Grade going into my Freshmen year. So, I there is grammar/spelling error, please tell me in the comments.

-Love, Bailey_bay13

P.s. I have good ideas for this book so keep on reading please.

Remember to

-Vote

-Comment

-Follow

Other Wattpad

- BaileyandKayla13

Instagram

Bxileyborer_

Tumblr

Phanrickisbea

Twitter

Lovephillip87