(Before you start to list your complaints I should leave. Let me wake up Daniyal for prayer)

"Baba pehle itne understanding aur caring nhi the?" Asked Shifa in disbelief and Mrs Kazmi smiled at the question.

(Wasn't Baba so understanding and caring before?)

"Wo hamesha se bohot achhe hain, bilkul wese hi jese Daniyal aapka dhyan rakhte hain, ya shayad Daniyal se bhi zyada achhe, lekin biwi hone ke naate ye mera farz hai ki main waqtan fawaqtan unhe thode taane deti rahu."

(He's so good since ever. He cared for me just like Daniyal does for you, or maybe even more. But being a wife I must taunt him occasionally.)

"Ammi..." Shifa widen her eyes and couldn't help but laughed lightly, she was amazed at how her mother-in-law teased her husband.

"Kya Ammi? Aap Daniyal ko taane nhi deti?" Asked Mrs Kazmi and Shifa saw her with wide eyes, but then slowly move her head from left to right which indicates that this poor girl never try her hand in this field.

(what? Don't you pass sarcastic comments on Daniyal?)

"Aap agar Daniyal se naraz ho jaati hain to kya karti hain?" Asked Mrs Kazmi while drawing out something from her cupboard and opening the box. Shifa think for a moment and shrugged with a sad smile.

(what do you do if you get angry with Daniyal?)

"Main kisi se bhi naraz ho jau bas us se baat karna band kar deti hu."

(I just stop talking to that person with whom I'm offended.)

"Ye to achhi baat hai lekin ek baat mad-e-nazar rakhiyega, kabhi kabhi khamoshi halaat ko pur'aman banane ke liye zaruri hoti hai lekin kabhi kabhi khamoshi raabte bhi tood deti hai. Har jagah ek jesa rawayya nhi rakha jata, zarurat ke mutabiq Hikmat-e-amli se kaam liya jata hai."

(Hmm... That's good but keep in your mind that sometimes silence is necessary to bring peace but sometimes silence destroys the connection between the two. Solutions should differ according to needs.)

"Ammi...."

"hmm?"

"Hikmat-e-Amli?" She asked in a whisper and Mrs Kazmi looked at her innocent style of questioning with a smile.

"Hikmat-e-Amli means a plan for attaining a particular goal. Daniyal ke sath reh kar abhi tak urdu nhi aayi aapko?" asked Mrs Kazmi but Shifa's smile was lost somewhere.

(Haven't you learned Urdu even after living with Daniyal?)

Deni is living with me but his love is reserved for her, I'm not even important to him.

She wanted to share but stay silent, suddenly her gaze fall on the box Mrs Kazmi was holding in her hands, it was showing a beautiful article made up of gold and precious gemstones.

"How's this?" Mrs Kazmi asked. Shifa admires the beauty of that and then nods her head. "So beautiful Ammi. Is it yours?" Shifa inquired but very next moment she palm her face and closed her eyes due to the stupidity of her question and answer herself, "How stupid am I! Ye aapke paas hai to aapka hi hoga na." She muttered but the old woman shook her head.

(If you have it, it will be yours, isn't it?)

"Ye aapka hai."

(it's yours)

"what?" Shifa was confused but she nodded.

"Ye haar mujhe Kazmi sahab ki ammi ne diya tha kyuki mene unka dil jeet liya tha aur ab ye aapka hai kyuki aapne hamara dil jeet liya." Mrs Kazmi held Shifa's hand and placed the box on her palm.