Chapter Two

After landing back on Ajan Kloss, Rey took Kantu around the camp to introduce him to everyone. Finn decided to go back to his hut for some rest. He was still unsure of his Force abilities. He didn't feel like he measured up. Rey was so impressive, it all seemed to come so easily to her, and she even took down Palpatine, one of the most powerful Sith Lords the galaxy has ever known ... with some help from Ben of course, and guidance from many former Jedi, but still, from the way Rey told the story, it sounded like it was all her. He didn't know how he was supposed to measure up to that. All I can do is my best. We can't all be prodigies, he thought, trying to take solace in the fact.

    Just then, as Finn went to lie down on his bunk, he heard what sounded like an incoming ship but he knew everyone that was living on Ajan Kloss and those who were visiting were already here. Finn ran out of his hut to see a ship with smoke billowing out behind it coming in fast. It looked like it was going to crash in the jungle less than a kilometer away. Finn pulled out his com and said "Does anyone else see this?" It was Poe that responded, "I see it, Finn. Where are you?" "I'm at my hut. Looks like its about to crash into the jungle not far from here," Finn responded. "Wait for us before you do anything, Zorii and I will be right there," said Poe. "Copy that," Finn said as he watched the ship drop behind the trees and out of his sight. Just a few seconds later, Finn heard the crash.

    Not long after that, Zorii, with her metallic golden helmet on, and Poe, looking like he dressed in a hurry, came running up to Finn standing outside of his hut. "Where is Rey?" Finn asked. "She is back with Kantu. We told her we would message her if we needed her." Zorii said. "Did you get a good look at the ship as it was going down?" Poe asked. "I saw it but I've never seen a ship like that before." Finn said as he made sure he had his blaster on his side. "It looked almost like a triangle but with the wings only being connected in one spot. Like they might rotate around or something."

"Sounds like it might be a Kom'rk-class fighter." Zorii said, slightly surprised. "They were the ships widely used by Mandalorians. They're quite rare these days, though." Both Mandalorians and Gauntlet Starfighters, she thought but didn't say out loud. "And if it's possible that a Mandalorian is in that ship, we need to be cautious. They are known to be exceptional warriors."

"Okay, blasters out and proceed with caution." Poe said as he lead the way into the jungle toward the crashed ship.

"With caution is the only way I ever proceed." Zorii said. Poe couldn't see her face with her helmet on but he was sure she was smiling as she said that.

    As they walked around some thick foliage, the ship came into view. Poe gestured to Zorii and Finn with a closed fist to hold their position as he continued to proceed without giving away his presence. As he got closer, he could indeed see the pilot was wearing a Mandalorian helmet. A thoroughly decorated one at that. Whoever they were, they seemed to be unconscious, though. Poe watched for a moment to make sure he saw no movement before gesturing to Zorii and Finn to continue with a quick wave.

    "You called it, they do seem to be Mandalorian." Poe said to Zorii when she came close. "I think they are unconscious, though." Zorii looked at the person in the Gauntlet Starfighter for a moment before responding, "Could be a trick."
"I don't know. That looked like a pretty rough landing, if you can call it that." Finn said. "Plus, who would try to take on a camp full of people by themselves?"
"A Mandalorian would." Zorii said with certainty. Just then, the hatch to the Straighter opened, making a terrible metal on metal sound as it did so. "Get down!" Zorii said in an urgent whisper as the pilot struggled to climb out and fell to the ground.

    "Stay here while I go see if they're okay." Poe said to both Finn and Zorii. "Nice try," Zorii said, "If anyone's going alone, it's me. Otherwise, we go together. Like I said, Mandalorians are incredible warriors." "Alright, together then." Finn said. Zorii lead the way as the three of them slowly walked out from behind the foliage. The Mandalorian let out a sigh of pain as they tried to move. "Stay back." They said as they tried to reach for their blaster but let out a sound of pain and clutched their midsection before they could do so.
     "We don't want any trouble," Zorii said. "We can help you ... if you let us. But first, who are you and why are you here?" The Mandalorian sat up and took off her helmet revealing shoulder length green and natural gray hair. She said, "I am Sabine Wren, of Mandalore. Clan Wren, House Vizsla. I am here looking for Rey Skywalker."