Party at Nixon's

Apparently, Bridget would hold a Back to school party the weekend before school would start. However, she and Adam Banks were in the Bahamas for vacation and wasn't able to hold that party till this weekend. Everyone goes. It's like one of the most talked about parties because she lives in this luxurious house in the rich part of town with a beautiful swimming pool and back yard.

Skeeter Nixon was the start of this traditional back to school party. He started hosting parties as soon as he hit freshman year. Then he graduated and eventually Bridget took his place and CONTINUED hosting the most popular parties on the block.

They would have pizza, snacks, games, music. And secretly but also not so secretly, they would have alcohol, marijuana, and sex in the master bedrooms. It's not really my scene. I've been to plenty of high school parties back in Charleston so I know exactly what goes down in one. I don't really think I'm missing much. Although, Connie had been begging me all week to go to this party. And maybe I should go. Would I get totally sloshed? No, I am a designated driver. I'll be sure of it. 

Connie came to my dorm that day so we could get ready together.

"Do you even have a roommate, Sloan?"

"Am I supposed to?"

Connie shrugged.

"Alright, let's raid your closet—"

"Woah woah woah, you are not going through my closet." I stop her from opening it. She looked at me, confusedly.

"Why what's is there?" She giggled nervously.

"Nothing..."

She slid the doors open and boxes and boxes tipped over and spilled out.

"Sloan!" She yelled. "What is this?!"

"I told you not to go in there!" I yelled. "It's a wreck, I know, but i'm too lazy to fix it!"

"Your room is like spotless and organize then you open the closet and it's like—"

"A mess, I know. We don't touch that closet. Just use the drawers." I told her and pointed to my drawers against the wall. I was so embarrassed. I didn't like people knowing that I was so unorganized.

Connie started going through my drawers.

"Wow you wear a lot of neutral colors, don't you."

"Colors are hard to match sometimes. I like to wake up and put on clothes that make me look classy and put together without having to worry about a thing." I shrug.

Connie rolled her eyes and pulled out a pink silk pink skirt. "Aha, some color! And a white tank to go with it." She gave the outfit to me.

Connie and I pulled up to the Nixon house hold a little past 7:30. People were already having fun, drinking and dancing. The music was blaring. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Bridget came running up to me with a drink in hand and embraced Connie and I into a hug. "I am so happy you guys could make it. Feel free to grab some pizza, some drinks. They are all up for grabs."

"Thanks Bridget," Connie thanked the girl. "Did Guy arrive yet?"

"Yeah, he's with Adam in the backyard. They are playing corn hole with Luis and Julie."

Connie thanked her and grabbed my hand to pull me through the crowd of people. As I was being dragged, I accidentally hit someone who was trying to pass through and got cut off from Connie. "I'm so sorry, my friend was just trying to get us through and—" I looked up from the man's chest and made eye contact with the stranger. He had these brown eyes and brown wavy hair. The man looked down and with his mouth agape and slight smirk.