“So it is true?” 

“No, it's not and you know it. All you are trying to do is turn us against one another and I can guarantee it wont work” Violet glared at the alien and jackal who had taken a step forward.

"And why not?" 

“Because you did one thing wrong when you decided to interrogate him” 

“And that is?” Eclipse asked, suddenly intrigued while holding the gun up, Shade was viciously shaking her head at her girlfriend. Violet ignored her. 

“You let down your guard unaware that several intruders are now in your base” Violet said proudly, she caught her mother’s eye. Espio shook his head at her discreetly, Mighty seemed to pick up on it. Violet was baiting the enemy in hopes to catch them off guard but Violet had underestimated the powers Infinite held. The jackal was searching with his eyes around the room for something. 

“And who would these intruders certainly be?” Infinite asked out of curiosity as he moved over to Espio, the fuschia chameleon not making a sound even when the jackal prodded him again. Mighty had to stop himself from roaring in anger when Espio struggled to keep his head up. 

“The Shinobi Clan” Violet answered smugly, aware she had fallen into a trap but they were unaware of the trap she had set for them. Espio shuttered when Eclipse pulled on his sensitive horn, Mighty pressed himself further against the cage in an attempt to comfort his partner. 

Eclipse only laughed looking around the room while teasing the open air, “come out come out little chameleons, I’m sure you are here especially after what has just happened to the clan with their leader” he smugly turned his speech on Espio who wore a look of fury in his eyes. Violet gasped suddenly, understanding the reason for Espio’s more darker leather straps. No! She inwardly cried. Shade turned to comfort her when the female hedgehog found herself face to face with the barrel of her own gun. 

“Oh pinky, it seems your daughter isn’t as good of a liar as you. It seems you haven't taught her well, so allow me to teach her about learning the consequences of her actions” Eclipse teased as he took the safety restraint off the gun and smiled down at his blood-niece. Espio scrambled to do something when Infinite grabbed his arm harshly and punched him, the jackal enjoying the pain on the silent chameleon’s face. 

“Sayonara Shade the Hedgehog…” 

A gunshot went off followed by a cry of pain as the window in front of them all shattered, a blur of a smaller hedgehog dashed around the room destroying the cage device and coming to a stop in front of it. Sonic smiled seeing his youngest while Silver fussed over his brother while trying to help him unlock it. 

“Who DARES to shoot ME!” Eclipse roared, all attention turned towards the darker mobian standing in front of them all, followed by an old robot who looked to have just been activated. 

“It can’t be!” Rouge gasped seeing the two figures in front of her. One thought to have died while the other to have been forcefully shutdown after a major incident. 

“SHADOW!” Eclipse said out of shock, the ebony hedgehog glared at his brother with nothing but pain and anger, the alien didn’t even have a minute to compose himself before he was blasted to the other side of the room. Infinite moved to attack the black and red hedgehog when he soon found himself meeting the same fate except this time, he received a kick to the side. 

“Omega, initiate plan 221” Rouge called out, the robot looked at the bat and nodded. Without warning, a laser cut through the bars effectively freeing the mobians. Mighty rushed through the intense battle only to help Shade, Violet and Espio out. His partner struggled to stay awake even in the armadillo’s arms. 

Another gunshot went off alerting them all to the furious ultimate lifeform who’s eyes flashed black for a minute before they flickered back to crimson. Infinite inwardly gasped, he now understood. He could end it only if he could get to Dash. However, a certain mobian overheard his thoughts. Infinite smirked creating an orb of dark power, he sent it in the direction of the ultimate lifeform’s son, the jackal chuckled as it aimed precisely for Dash who was caught entirely off guard. 

“No!” Sonic screamed seeing the orb, he ran for it. Dash turned only to freeze on the spot. 

“Chaos Control!” The two familiar words from none other than the grumpiest hedgehog Rouge knew froze the room. Shadow groaned, moving swiftly and wrapping his arms around his youngest just in time as the power connected with his own body. His skin felt like it was being torn apart, Rouge watched with shock as Shadow’s body hit the side wall and didn’t get up. The Ultimate lifeform had crumpled against the wall and wasn’t moving anytime soon, a shaking Dash was in his arms. Sonic ran for all his might and kneeled beside the partner he thought he lost or had lost. Shadow didn’t even make a sound when Sonic and Shade rolled him over, the ultimate lifeform was only alive due to the small bare breaths leaving his throat, his chest moved up slowly. 

“Come on Sonic! We have to get out of here!” Tails shouted from beside Cream who nodded, Knuckles and Mighty were currently defending them as was Blaze and Silver. The hero in blue smiled going to scoop his partner up when Shadow suddenly sat up with red furious eyes, “Woah! Shaz! Calm down! It’s me, Sonic''. The blue speedster tried to calm the hedgehog down only to be shoved aside, Dash was still in his mothers arms as Shadow glared at the two opposite him. Espio soon found himself on his feet as Dash was passed to him. The chameleon didn’t say a word, taking the small hedgehog who had seemed to shrink some more, confusing the others. 

Shadow stalked in the direction of both Eclipse and Infinite and without warning he grabbed them by their throats. Dr Eggman had escaped just barely earlier. Muttering something, Shade gasped when her mother pulled out what looked like a crystal of some sort. The two squirmed in his hold but Shadow didn’t let go. A small whisper reached all of their ears, “Say the haven beyond the hills''. Although it didn’t make any sense to them all, Sonic watched with wide eyes as Eclipse and Infinite disappeared in a black stream. Shadow grinned to himself it seemed he had regained some of his powers back but not all, well not yet. 

The ultimate lifeform turned to face them all, the shocked faces made a familiar smirk fall on his face until pain spread through his chest. Just as his eyes rolled into the back of his head, he caught a glimpse of a worried fuschia chameleon heading for him followed by a blurring blue speedster.

Ta Da! Thank you for your patience! Stay Tuned for more on the way in the new year!
Thank you for any reads, votes and comments they are much appreciated!
Let me know what you thought in the comments below - feedback is always welcome whether positive or negative :-)