Fantastic Start

Začať od začiatku

He heard a muffled voice, but he couldn't make out what it was saying.

The sound of feet moving up the stairs, quickly, made his heart beat louder. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried to focus, trying to wake up from the nightmare. But the feeling never went away.

He heard the sound of the door opening, and another muffled voice. His body tensed more, his eyes not willing to open.

He flinched when he felt something touch his hands. It pulled back for a second and then rested gently on his shaking hands, stealing them. Someone was holding them. He felt their thumb gently brush over the backs of his palms.

Liam focused on the feeling. How soothing it was, how gentle. He thought about how warm his hands felt in theirs, how he didn't want them to ever let his go. For however long he sat there they didn't. Liam focused on the feeling, no longer focusing on his heart or his breath, they settled back into a much more normal pace.

"Li?" they said. Their voice was quiet and soft, "Can you hear me?"

Liam didn't respond. He just let his eyes slowly blink open until they were resting on theirs. On Theo's.

"Hey," Theo smiled softly at him, but liam could see the worry in his eyes, "how are you feeling?"

Liam took a second to speak, "Like I'm gonna throw up."

Theo's eyes widened slightly, "really?"

Liam nodded, raising his wrist to his mouth as he heaved slightly.

"Shit, okay c'mon."

Theo managed to get Liam to the nearest trash can just in time.

When it was all out of his system, for the time being, Liam looked over at Theo who was handing him a glass of water. Liam was leaning against the edge of the bathtub. The trashcan is close to his side.

"What time is it?" He asked quietly.

A voice came from down the hall, "4:30."

Liam looked confused when he saw Derek round the corner.

"I heard you two," he said, seemingly sensing his confusion, "feelin better?"

Liam nodded, "Yeah, I guess."

"Do you want me to get Isaac?" Theo asked.

Liam stiffened, obviously.

"Okay, okay, nevermind, we won't do that." Theo backtracked.

Derek looked between the two of them before making his way down the hall, likely back to the living room where Stiles was sleeping like a rock.

Theo slid down the wall, leaning against the sink and looking at Liam with concern.

"I don't want to pry. Or make you feel even more shitty, but... I'm pretty sure... what happened, doesn't usually happen when someones sick. Are you sure you don't want me to get Isaac? Scott just woke up," he pointed up at the ceiling, "I'm sure Isaac won't be far behind. It's Saturday, he won't care if you wake him up early."

Liam let out a dry huff, "not really worried about waking him up,"

Theo's face softened, "Yeah. I didn't really think so, but... I don't know."

They were both silent for a while.

"I never wanted the school to call him." Liam said after a few minutes.

Theo tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"My dad," Theo stiffened, his fists clenching, "When I was sick, I never wanted the school to call him. He'd get angry. That's why..." He didn't say it. He didn't need to.