He's Not Gonna Believe This

"Derek!" Scott called, pushing open the doors to the loft.

"Hey, Scott." Scott rounded the corner spotting Derek making his way down the stairs, he was looking at something on his phone. Scott noticed how stiff he seemed to be, tense. His face was still stoic as usual. "The others are on their way, I texted them just after you. Is Stiles coming? He never responded." Derek put his phone on the counter.

"Yeah, but not until later. His dad finally started getting weird about him going anywhere and everywhere at strange hours of the night." Derek huffed, "He said something about helping him with paperwork. But his dad works tomorrow so he'll be here when he falls asleep."

Derek nodded, his shoulders still tense. They didn't say much as they waited for everyone else to arrive.

Everyone was spread haphazardly around the room as Derek paced back and forth slowly.

"Everyone's here Derek, so what's this meeting about?" Malia was draped upside down over one arm of the couch.

Derek sighed, "Hunters," everyone tensed, "I was checking out the house last night. There were traps set up all around the forest. I could tell it was a pretty large group. Nothing we couldn't handle if need be, but there was something else. There was another werewolf. Not a member of Satomi's pack either. This one was completely different. I didn't see them, but I think they may have been following me, only for a while though. When I heard voices I felt them leave."

The room was silent for a little bit, confusion, worry, and curiosity, all swirling around the room.

"Shit," Was all Malia said.

"So... okay, so we have some hunters trapping the forest, and a new werewolf in Beacon Hills. First off, you said there weren't a lot of them right?" Derek nodded.

"Enough that we might be able to fight them all at once," Derek said, "But we could probably scare them enough to get them to leave."

Scott nodded considering his words. "Okay, well we'll have to stay clear of the forest for a while, but if you do go out, don't go alone, at least if someone gets captured, you'll have someone to get you out, or at least tell everyone else." Everyone nodded. "As for the new werewolf, we don't know why they're here. Maybe they're trying to kill us, maybe they're just traveling I don't know. We should keep an eye out, but don't freak out if you find them."

"What do we do if they try to kill us?" Lydia questioned.

"Get out if you can, no offense, but I don't think you could fight them physically. Try to get in touch with anyone you can." Lydia nodded.

They all turned their heads when they heard the door open. Stiles ran in, panting heavily, trying to catch his breath. "Hey, sorry I'm late." He managed to get out in between breaths.

"Hey, dude are you alright? You look awful." Scott said, making his way over to Stiles.

"Yeah, thanks for that, I'm fine, just-" he paused to breathe again, "just ran here, didn't wanna miss anything, also!" He yelled the last word. "My dad was talking about these weird guys that came in this morning. They were trying to get permits to hunt in the woods around town. He was very confused seeing as it's nowhere near hunting season, and, ya know, obviously I can't say anything to him about it, but that set off alarm bells in my head, so I figured I'd share."

"Yeah, there are hunters trapping the woods," Scott explained.

"Well shit, guess I ran for nothing," Stiles stood up fully and made his way over to the couch, collapsing on it with a huff.

"Also," Derek continued, "A new werewolf in town. Not sure what they're doing here, they could be harmless but we should keep an eye out."

"Alright, cool" Stiles just lied back and closed his eyes.

Liam was the one who woke up in a cold sweat this time. This was different, this was the same as the dream he'd had in the car. This was about the accident. When Isaac asked him if the dream was the same as it usually was he'd nodded. It wasn't really a lie, he'd been having it since it happened, but he didn't tell Isaac it was different. In all honesty, he wasn't sure why, part of him just didn't want Isaac worrying about him more than he already did. Plus what the dream was about didn't make a difference, right? The point was that he'd had another nightmare, what it was about isn't really important. At least this time he didn't scream when he woke up, at least he assumed he hadn't, seeing as Isaac was still asleep when he got up.

It was early, around 5, but Liam knew he wasn't going to fall asleep again, so he went downstairs and started forming a list of groceries, or anything else he'd forgotten, keeping in mind how much money they had, and how far they needed to stretch it. Liam could survive on cheap cereal and crackers, wouldn't be the first time.

Once he went almost 4 days without food. Their dad went on a bit of a spree and kept passing out drunk, they were both too scared to ask him for something, or, god forbid, just to go take it from the kitchen. Liam was 10 at the time.

Liam looked out the kitchen window at the backyard. It led straight into the forest. There was even an overgrown path that led pretty far in. Liam assumed it was from the previous residents. The sun had just started to peak it's way over the horizon, and Liam decided to go check it out.

He threw on his shoes and a thin sweatshirt, closing the door behind him and leaving a quick note next to Isaac's bed just in case he woke up before Liam got back. The air had a crisp morning chill, a bit of a breeze blowing Liam's hair out of his face. He stepped carefully down the path, watching for thorns and snakes. The old path connected to a wider dirt path, probably for bikes. He followed it for a bit, and that path also seemed to grow over at a point. "Guess there aren't a lot of people hiking around here," he said quietly to himself. He decided to keep following where the outline of the path was still visible. It led along a pond that Liam could see in the distance. He walked slightly quicker, stopping at the edge of the pond and looking over the water. It was completely still, a perfect mirror that reflected the steadily rising sun. The sky was a beautiful swirl of color. "Okay," Liam thought, "I know where I'm going every morning" He smiled to himself.

Liam picked up a small rock, he was getting ready to throw it at the pond, to shatter the mirror, when he heard a rustling from behind him. He turned quickly, eyes darting towards the sound. Liam jaw went slack, eyes wide, and his entire body stiffened. A black wolf stepped carefully out of the bush, staring directly at Liam. It didn't attack, didn't growl, just stared. Liam, after realizing the danger that he was probably in, stood up, slowly. Try not to get attacked. Then he heard voices, coming from deeper in the woods. He couldn't make out the words, but there were definitely multiple voices. The wolf seemed to notice too, it's head darting towards the voices, a low growl leaving it's throat. Liam tensed. The wolf turned quickly to Liam, and started stepping towards him, it barked ones, quiet, but loud enough for Liam to hear, "Wolves can bark?" Liam thought, but he was stepping back away from it, back in the direction of the path. It walked fast towards him, and Liam picked up the pace, eventually running quickly down the path back towards the house. The voices seemed to follow them. The wolf growled and barked at him a ways down, before darting in the opposite direction, howling as it sprinted away into the woods.

Liam stood stunned before stumbling the rest of the way down the path, making his way into the house. There was no sign that Isaac had woken up, so Liam collapsed on the coach. "What the actual fuck was that," He thought, trying to make sense of everything that had just happened. The wolf, the voices, the way the wolf seemed to heard him away. "Maybe it was a dream," Liam thought, pinching a point on his arm, nothing.

"Alright," he said sighing, "Isaac isn't going to fucking believe me."