Sleep, Food, and The Truth

Start from the beginning

Theo looked down at the pants he was wearing. They weren't uncomfortable but you would rather sleep in something a little less restricting. "Uh, sure, if you're offering."

"Of course," Liam smiled.

They both made their way up to Liam's room. Liam made his way over to his dresser and started looking for something. Theo just glanced around. "I don't think I've ever actually been in your room when the lights were on. Which sounds insanely creepy out of context."

"A little creepy in context too," Liam laughed.

Theo walked over towards the window, his eyebrows raising slightly. A low set of drawers were pushed snuggly to the wall beneath the window. Effectively pinning the curtains to the wall. There were three safety pins keeping the two curtains together in the middle. On the sides of the windows, there were two lines of clear packing tape, both keeping the curtains stuck to the wall. He studied the set up curiously.

"Here we go. These used to be Isaac's sweatpants, they'll fit you a little bit better than-" Theo noticed his sentence was cut off right when his heartbeat quickened. His head shot around quickly to see what had freaked him out, but he was looking directly at Theo, or moreover, where his hand rested on the wall next to the window.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Theo asked.

Liam seemed to step out of a hase, he shook his head and cleared his throat.

"I-I'm fine, everythings fine." Liam's words were stiff.

Theo wasn't sure if he should push. He figured a simple reach would be fine, "Okay, but if you want, we can talk about stuff. It's not like since our whole lake conversation we have to pretend like everythings fine. Anytime you wanna talk I'm here."

Liam sighed, "I know. I just- I don't want to talk."

Theo thought for a few moments, "What if I talk?"

Liam was puzzled for a moment, he sat down on his bed and looked at Theo, "About what?"

"You've told me a lot about you, and the past. And I've spent time with you, so I know the present you. You also know a lot about me in the present. But I feel like you don't know a lot about... before." Theo said.

"You mean, like when you were taken? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Liam stressed.

"I know. I kind of just want to though. I've just felt so on edge for so long. I feel like maybe saying something to someone, anyway. Maybe it'll help."

"Okay. You can talk to me if you want to, I just don't want you to feel like you're obligated to."

"I know. I think I want to."

"Okay. Well from what I know so far this isn't going to be a very positive conversation so come sit down."

Theo smiled, he stepped over to Liam's bed and collapsed. Lying horizontally at the foot of the bed. Liam was leaning against the head of the bed, one of his knees tucked into his chest.

"I wasn't the only one they took."

Liam's heart stopped.

"What?"

"I wasn't the only one they took. They took my sister too." Theo said the words so smoothly it was like he'd been waiting to say them for years. Liam's eyes widened in shock. Liam could hear years of pain behind them too.

He thought about it, but chose not to speak. He just watched as Theo's mind seemed to be elsewhere. He wasn't a werewolf, but Liam could tell that his heart was beating loudly in his chest.