"You look nice in that color, ma."

"Thank you." I shyly respond, focusing my gaze back in front of me. I don't want to encourage any further conversation.

My outfit has gotten me attention all day if not for it hugging every inch of my body, then for the color. It's a hot pink spandex set from one of my favorite workout wear brands. I'm usually uncomfortable with too many eyes on me, but today, I feel good so it's not too bad.

The bell chimes as Jamari and I enter Silk Juicery and the aroma of fresh produce and hot sandwiches hit my nose, making my mouth water. I get to the back of the line and wait my turn, eyeing the menu indecisively.

I get the same thing single every time. I don't know why I'm playin'.

"Hello, What can I do for ya today?" The young woman behind the register smiles at me, tapping her gloved hands on the metal counter.

"Hello, may I have a medium green goddess juice, a small strawberry blast, and..." I know that I shouldn't be eating right now since I'm trying to lose a little bit of weight. "And a turkey melt."

That's not too bad, right? I mean, I'm gone share it with Jamari anyway.

"What size on the melt, ma'am? Five inch or nine inch?" The bell chimes as someone enters and I hear their footsteps behind me.

"Nine."

Ima be chunky forever.

"Ok, perfect! Your total is —"

"Hold up." The person behind me speaks up. His voice is deep and familiar, stirring up the butterflies in my stomach. "Let me get a ham and pepper jack cheese melt on brioche bread and a large strawberry blast. Put her stuff on my tab too."

I turn around to see June looking better than the menu and purse my lips to keep myself from grinning. He hands the cashier his card and turns his attention to the stroller. Jamari is sitting up now, yawning and staring around the restaurant. She hands him his card and a receipt with a large smile.

Of course she's smiling, he fine as fuck.

I step out of the way so that the next customer can order and June follows me.

"I didn't know you had a youngin', Giselle."

"Well, there's a lot of stuff you don't know about me, June."

"Oh yeah?" He licks his lips. "Tell me somethin' else then."

I watch his eyes travel from my chest down to between my legs and for a brief moment I feel self conscious and pray that I haven't had a camel toe this entire time.

"I actually have two kids." I shrug, biting my lip to fight back another grin.

"So do I." His eyes widen happily and my heart drops.

"Oh."

"Order number thirty-four — medium green goddess juice, two strawberry blasts, one large and one small, and two sandwich melts."

"Thank you." I tell her and she hums, staring at June. "Want some fresh juice, pooh?"

"Te-te, juice."

I place the straw into the small drink and extend it towards Jamari's mouth. He accepts the offer, breathing loudly as he drinks.

"Te-te, huh?" June smirks. "Not mommy?"

"I was just jokin' wit' you." I roll my eyes, gently grabbing the sandwich from his hands. "Thank you for buying us this. You didn't have to."

"It's no problem at all and you think I didn't know that?" He laughs, placing his straw into his own cup. "I knew you was bullshittin' that's why I lied too."