1.

All my life, I have wasted so many days just sitting at this God forsaken house doing stuff for myself. Cook for myself, clean for myself, entertain myself...the list goes on.

But I am proud to announce that this afternoon, I will be helping somebody other than myself and getting out of this lonely mansion with no one but my reflection to talk too.

I try to tell myself all the time, "One more year, Jaymee. One more year until you can get out of this rude, rich household."

Don't get me wrong, I adore the designer Louis Vuitton and whatnot clothes, shoes, handbags...

But what I do not adore is obnoxious women and men walking up to me out of the blue saying stupid shit like this;

"Ah, Miss Richards! Would you mind sharing a tidbit of information about your mother's fall collection?"

"You look just like your mother! Do you have as much class and wealth as your mother as well?"

Its annoying to be honest. All the parties, the vacations...its fun, but annoying.

I stood from the dining room table and ran my hand through my long, black hair. My school uniform was getting a little snug around the bosom, thankfully. I've always been a stick and I've yearned for curves since middle school.

My silver Range Rover was parked by the large rose garden that no one ever attended to, but was still alive and well somehow. I climbed in my car, turned the key, and pulled out of my long, narrow driveway.

When I arrived at Lance Thomas Academy, I instantly noticed that someone in a red jeep parked in my parking spot. And its actually my parking spot. Richards
Is printed on the sidewalk.

Sighing, I parked in a spot two spots away from my original parking spot and climbed out of the car with my book bag over my shoulder.

Lance Thomas Academy is one of the finest schools in Los Angeles. It consists of a rated "A" orchestra, the #1 academic team in California, and a crap load of rich, stuck up kids. I'm only here because my parents made me attend this damn place. I finish this year then I have next year, then I'm off to college.

"Jaymee!" A familiar voice screeched across the parking lot. My best friend, Dannisha, was frantically running towards me in a pair of blue heels. I rolled my eyes but smiled. Dannisha is the only thing/person I like here, apart from the library. She had me at "I hate my family." You see, she's in a similar situation as I. Her parents work for a management company, so she's always home Alone with her little brother, K.J.

I hugged her when she approached, smelling her usual expensive perfume she wears that I can't remember the name of. The school uniform, which included a black skirt or pants, a white polo with the schools logo embroidered on the chest, and a red blazer, went well with her dark skin and brown eyes. Her afro just made the whole ensemble complete.

"Any word from your parents?" Dannisha asked. This was our weekly question.

"Not since 2 weeks ago, no." I replied, glancing back at my newly occupied parking spot. "Someone stole my spot." I added, wanting to change the subject.

We began walking towards our first class, Government. "Yes...there's a new kid who thinks he's hot shit. He asked me out and I was like "yeet"." Dannisha said.

"Ah. Should've known it was a new guy."

"So what are you doing this afternoon?" Dannisha waved at a freshman that sent her a warming smile.

I grinned, happiness surging through me as I thought about meeting someone new. "I'm going to the community center to sign up for that "Caring for Cancer" program. Its where you pick a cancer patient and befriend them and visit them and stuff." I explained.

"Totally cool. Sounds Luke something you'd want to take part in." Said Dannisha.

We made our way into Mrs. Hamilton's Government class and took our seat at the back of the classroom. Almost immediately, the bell rang, signaling that the dreaded school day has begun.
✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳
"May I help you?" A round-faced, short woman at the community center's front desk asked me as I stepped up to the desk.

I smiled. "Yes, I'm Jaymee Richards. I'm here to sign up for the "Caring for Cancer" program."

The lady handed me a pink piece of paper. "Just fill this out and we'll pick your cancer buddy!" She said enthusiastically. I grabbed a pen from the desk and quickly filled in my name, date of birth, and the rest of the information needed, then handed the woman back the paper.

"Thank you..." I searched for her name tag, "Kathy."

Kathy smiled at me as she grabbed a couple of folders from a drawer. "These are all the ones no one has chosen yet. I'll explain them to you."

I nodded and she began.

"This boy is diagnosed with Lung Cancer and likes to play Call Of Duty all day." She said, reading from a form. I shook my head no. No teenagers. No hormones.

"This woman, Tabby, has Breast cancer and wrote down that she used to live with 15 cats."

"No." I said instantly. I hate cats.

"This young man is diagnosed with Brain Cancer and says he mostly reads and daydreams."

Something in me clicked once I heard about the man liking books. And he daydreams, a action I have grown accustomed to over the past few years.

"I'll take him. What's the information on him?" I asked.

Kathy handed me the form.

Name: Styles, E Harry.
Age: 21 years
Health: Brain Cancer, tumors
Please list a few things about you: I mostly daydream and read. That's about it.

I looked up from the paper. "When do I start?"
**********************************
First chapter!

Let me know what you think!

-Jessi.xoxo.