Chapter 2 - Questioning

Start from the beginning

" What about the investigation?" Kweiba asked.

" Now that Soraya has been found, it's only clear that Melanie's parents were right, their daughter hasn't run away and Velar, Genevieve, Regina and Ruth are going to help us find out where she is."

" What if they don't comply, they are still underage so you can't force them." Ashanti reminds her.

" We're the cops, we'll handle it. If it becomes impossible, I know a group of young detectives who can spearhead the case." She says with a suggestive wink.

Ciarra hugged her and they all joined in the group hug.

" We're going to miss you Efua." Ciarra sniffed back a tear.

" Same here." She tried to hold back her tears, " I'm not going to be like the other adults and tell you girls to study hard and stuff because I have been with you all and I know you're the smartest teenagers I know of and please don't let that change. Tell the others too, I really feel bad it had to tur out that way.."

A police patrol car honked down the chapel on the street.

" I've gotta get going, you've got my contact right? Call me if you need anything. Even food for visiting. And let Faye know she's a very unique girl so she doesn't have to eat herself up." They laughed at that holding back their tears.

" Hey, I guess the seniors were right about the disappearance of one of us by the end of the semester if we don't quit being inquisitive." Kweiba reminds them.

" I guess they were right. So now there is going to be nine of us." Ashanti says.

" I guess they were right." Efua agrees as the car honks again, " See you all, and spend your holidays wisely."

She retreated and they all couldn't help but stand and watch her get in the car before it sped off.

" I'm going to miss that crazy addition to the group." Kweiba smiled.

Beullah walks up to them from the eastside of the chapel. The moment they noticed her, they all turned to leave.

" Wait guys, please wait!" She called after them running up to them.

" I know you guys kind of hate me after everything with Faye but I just wanted to apologize." She says in between breaths.

" Well, Faye's not here." Kweiba states the obvious.

" I know, I just needed you guys to pass the information on. Here." She handed them the crampled piece of paper, " That's Soraya's handwriting, Anita says I should help out and I know this because Soraya was the only girl in Manhattan who never dots her I's. She probably wrote this to Melanie because she was the only other senior who worked around the Wall of Fame. Soraya's portrait was taken down by Pamela, she was the leader but I swear after Melanie and Soraya's disappearance, there hasn't been a formidable group."

" What has that got to do with the Ms Manhattan pageant?" Ashanti asked.

" Melanie won the last one ever held and things got chaotic afterwards in the gang because though she wasn't the leader, she wielded a lot of power in the house, Ms Manhattan had the power to single handedly eject any girl out of the house and to vet into a prefect position any student on campus without the need for a student election."

" Wow, that must have been a big deal." Ciarra observed.

" It was, so it kind of overshadowed Pamela's overall power which led to a lot of fights in the house until Melanie disappeared, Flora was convicted then Soraya went missing, then Krasdar was outed to the entire school. I don't know into details what exactly occurred since I was new in the group but Velar and Genevieve sure knew a lot going on since they were very close to Pamela. That's all I know and I thought you girls should know."