Chapter 4

At the poetry spot...

"What's good K?" Ty the owner of the club greeted us at the front door. Adrian and I had a ball at dinner. He had never had sushi, but he was willing to try everything, and I loved it. We talked and joked around and found out more of our likes and dislikes we had in common. He was really a cool dude all the sexy to the side.

"And you here with this nigga?" he playfully mugged Adrian as they dapped and did some type of handshake.

I was surprised. "Ya'll know each other?"

They laughed and then starting chanting and barking. Then I heard some more coming from inside the club. Lawd, help me this man is a Que!

"This is my LB." Adrian told me cheesing.

I shook my head at him and said one word. "Trouble"

He bust out laughing.

"Ty how's my pretty girl Tati?" asking about Ty's wife. Ty kept her close by him at all times. The love that they shared was inspiring. She was younger than us by a few years but she was very mature for her age. They took care of each other and moved around each other with a fluidity that came with in my eyes being with your "one".

He nodded towards the stage. "She's over there at the table. My baby boy is giving her a hard time today so I told her to get off her feet. She said he is there tap dancing." He chuckled. "She is a little salty with me because I won't let her help the bar out. I told her to enjoy herself tonight while she can. We have three months before the prince arrives and I know he is coming out swinging."

I smiled at that. I honestly always wanted to experience what pregnancy would be like. Mainly with someone who loved me and was as happy as I was to experience it all.

I felt Adrian wrap his arm around my waist from behind.

Ty raised a brow. "So how long has this been going on?"

"No thanks to you, not long." I playfully hit is arm.

He raised his hands defensively. "Hey! If you would have asked, I would've hooked you up!"

Adrian squeezed me against him. "We met at the right time and that is all that matters."

I almost swooned, yes bitch swooned when he kissed the side of my neck.

Ty smiled and winked at me. "So, you spittin' tonight or what? Cause yo ass ain't been in here in months."

"Maybe." I was kind of nervous to perform in front of Adrian, but I think I may have the perfect poem for him to experience.

We sat at the table with Tatiana and Ty when things got started. We had a ball listening to the poets and singers. Adrian had gotten comfortable touching me. He'd warned me that he was affectionate, but I loved it.

"You ready miss lady?" Ty asked before standing.

I bit my bottom lip nervously and nodded.

Adrian palmed my cheek and brough my face close to his. "Don't be nervous to be you in front of me. I need that shit. Ok?"

I nodded blushing. He leaned in and gave me a quick soft kiss on the lips. I was ready to take his big ass home.

"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome to the stage. Lady K." Ty smiled at me as I made my way up to the stage. He gave me the mic and whispered in my ear. "You got this shit and that man love yo ass already!" He laughed and jumped out of the way when I swatted at him.

"Hey ya'll! It's been a minute." Someone yelled out "Yes ma'am!"

I laughed along with the rest of the crowd.

"Well tonight I want to do an oldie but goodie. Something I wrote early on and you guys seemed to love it."

Somebody yelled out. "Ice Cream Dream!"

We all laughed.

Once the room settled down, I closed my eyes and hummed a little into the mic before:

"This is not a love poem

But hopefully we can change that

Change that as rapidly as a brain freeze

Thoughts of you so cool on my mind

As an ice cream dream

Vanilla covered in chocolate

What could be better?

Thoughts of me covering you

Nothing else could make me...

Hungrier

Rocky Road

Rum Raisin

Fudge Ripple

Your white chocolate coated tongue gliding across my...

It's simple

I'm feeling you

As much as

Phish Food

Cherry Garcia and Chubby Hubby

An ice cream dream

Of you above me

Chocolate gelato covered in sprinkles

Banana splits

Cherries exposed

Spoons filled

Mouths ready and in the know

Of fulfilling this ice cream dream

Maybe one of these days we can

Share a simple cone

Of whatever flavor you choose

A chocolate vanilla swirl

That way neither one of us can lose

A passion so sweet

Who knew?

A passion so cool

Chills from my head to my feet

I'm feeling you more that it may seem

Thoughts of you so cool on my mind as an ice cream dream..."

When I was done there were some "ok thens" and "well damns" as people applauded.

I smiled and thanked them as Ty came up to the stage. He gave me a hug and helped me down the steps.

In the mic he said. "I told her ass she been gone too long!"

When I made it back to my seat, Tati gave me a hug and I sat down afraid to look at Adrian.

I took a sip of my drink. I felt his warmth at my side. He moved my hair from the side of my face and whispered close to my ear as his scent engulfed me.

"You have to come home with me tonight." He planted a soft kiss on my ear and all I could do was nod.

*Happy New Year!!*