E. V. O. L.

3rd Person

Day after day.

Month after month.

Year after year.

Michael is stuck in a love less marriage filled with lies, hate, and infidelity.

His husband, Luke, cheats on him daily and although he knows he doesn't leave him, doesn't get mad, doesn't do anything. He deals with it cause who's gonna want him, he barely got Luke so why take a chance?

It was Friday night and that meant that he had to go catch a movie or something so Luke can have the house to himself for whatever he wanted, it was routine.

As he arrived at the theatre he looked through the listings to find something he hasn't watched and surprisingly found one.

Grabbing popcorn and a soda he found a seat in the back left corner where he may or may not be able to cry and not be noticed which he may or may not have come accustomed to doing.

The movie started and the opening credits rolled on and the tears rolled down.

Why can't I just leave him?

Why can't he love me like he use in the beginning?

Why am I so worthless?

Just why?

These were the familiar questions Michael asked himself all the time but they never have an answer but instead replay through his head, constantly taunting him.

He didn't realize a man sitting a few seats to his right watching him, concerned with the quiet sobs of a young man.

The strange man wanted to see if the other was okay but he didn't want to impose so he decided against it and sat and ate popcorn trying to watch the movie.

The movie was soon over and Michael went home to a man who doesn't love him or want him.

--

It's friday again and the routine plays out and he sits in that familiar and almost comfortable corner.

The man is there again and realizes that maybe this is normal but he still doesn't understand.

He sits closer but still doesn't want to interrupt so he sits and watches and eats.

This night was a little different as Michael got home.

'I need you to leave cause I have a few friends coming over.' Luke said as Michael walked in the door.

'Um okay.' He said without a care and headed to the movie theatre.

Sitting in his spot he didn't realize an man coming up to him.

'Hi sorry to bug you but I just wanted to ask if you were okay cause I always see you here and you're always alone and crying.' The strange man asked and Ashton didn't know what came over him but he just let all of his emotions out and cried on the mans shoulders as he explained to him his situation.

'I'm sorry for being a mess and crying all over you.' Ashton apologized.

'It's okay I don't mind and why don't you just leave him?' Michael asked confused.

'I don't know I just don't want to be alone I guess and the times we had before were just so greatI never wanna let them go.' He said.

'I can understand that but you can't keep doing this to yourself.' Michael said as he rubbed Ashton's back.

Ashton didn't say anything but just nodded and they sat back quietly and watched the movie.

Each Friday Ashton would go to the movies but now he had someone to be with who would eventually give him the strength to break off his toxic marriage.

One Friday in particular Ashton finally realized something.

'I really like you and I don't need him anymore.' He said as he faced Michael in the darkened room.

'Really? I'm glad cause I really like you too.' Michael agreed as they looked at each others face.

The light from the movie illuminated their faces creating a shadow that highlighted their faces and they both leaned in and connected lips.

They started slow but sped up and started to become passionate and loving and Ashton knew then and there that he'd be okay with whatever his name was.