𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 -isolation-

Start from the beginning

Trudy was having none of it.

"No Heidi, you are sick for god sake and it is freezing outside!" She yelled, hoping her daughter would give up and go back up to her room soon enough, as their little banter had been going on for a bit already.

"I'll be quick, mama!" She protested, grabbing her second scarf and wrapping it around her neck.

Trudy sighed. "You are unbelievable, Heidi Franziska Seide!"

Gisela and Frieda who were both watching curiously from the comfort of their living room sofa both gasped. The full name.

"You are sick, and you are staying here, end of discussion."

A younger Heidi would have obeyed, she would have run back into her room and done this another day, but this older Heidi—14 year old Heidi looked her mother in the eyes and turned around in a single slick movement, before reaching for the door handle and then leaving.

My human was frustrated and angry at her mother, not necessarily for not letting her go see her friend, but for everything. She hated her for always having favoured Walter, and for acting like a lost kitten now that he was gone although she had 4 other children that needed her. She hated her for fighting with her father so much, she hated her for letting her own children raise their siblings because she couldn't, but most of all she hated her for letting Wilma leave, which, in my opinion, was the least reasonable reason out of them all. And although, I believe she knew that it didn't stop her from thinking it, and resenting Trudy for it all the same.

So this was payback, revenge even if it wasn't entirely necessary.

It truly was cold that day, freezing even. The cold air bit at Heidi's face, it turned red as usual, and as soon as even the slightest breeze would brush over my human's cheek, she would shiver horribly. Luckily, there weren't many on the way to the mayor's house. She quickly knocked on the door. No one answered. She waited for a bit, but still nothing.

She frowned, and got a bit frustrated, it was quite cold outside. She knocked again, and waited. No one answered once more. She slowly went around the house to the backyard, they had a big window there that contributed to their bright amazing living room.

Heidi got closer to it, in the hopes of seeing if anyone was home, but the room seemed to be empty. She got even closer with slow steps in old half frozen snow.

She went as far as to glue her face to the window, just as the temperature dropped drastically and it started snowing.

Some flakes fell onto her nose, causing her to sneeze. She hit her head on the glass window, it made a huge banging noise. My human's eyes widened as she saw her old friend looking nothing short of terrified, storming into the room. Their eyes met and Tilda froze. She must have wondered what in the world Heidi was doing and I cannot blame her. Dear Heidi froze into place for a few seconds, and then, broke eye contact with Tilda. She ran away as her cheeks flushed.

I can't do it

She thought, I can hear the echo of it to this day, although I can mostly remember that I wanted to drag her back to the house forcefully, but I couldn't and she ran. She ran all the way back home, and without a care in the world pushed the door open.

"Heidi you little-" Trudy started angrily, but the young girl pushed past her in tears, refraining the woman from finishing that threatening sentence. Trudy's face fell, all traces of anger disappearing. I could see she'd gotten worried, but she didn't run upstairs, she didn't follow her daughter.

Heidi threw herself on top of her bed and sobbed. She felt so stupid, what would Tilda think of her now? A crazy person who enjoys staring into other people's living rooms? I tried to calm her down, but she was spiralling into a train of thought I couldn't stop. After all I can't do everything, and even less so back then.