Chapter 5: Save him

Zachary was still in a panic, but turned around towards that voice, that thick French accent was unmistakable.

"E-Eden?!"

"What the hell was that in the sky?! What the hell happened to him?!" the bartender shouted, rushing over, he sounded completely shocked, like his whole world had been turned upside-down. He WAS aware some humans in this world had odd abilities... but a fissure in the sky?! That was too much!

"Eden I- I know you must have questions but there's no time for that now! Y-you need to help me get him inside!" Zachary hurriedly said, his eyes widened in terror, while the fallen Seraphim still gasped for air, crying in pain.

The French man did his best to push those questions in the back of his mind, slowly lifting Michael up from his shoulders, trying not to hurt him as the other man lifted his legs. "A-alright- oh mon dieu... what are THOSE-" he muttered, noticing the six holes on his back.

"They must've taken his wings away..." Zachary said, following Eden's lead inside the club, where they laid Michael down on one of the couches, with his back up.

"His wings?!"

"I-I'll explain everything later! Tell me how his injuries look, is the blood disappearing? Are the holes regenerating?" the older Angel kept asking. Back when he'd met the same fate, 5'000 years in the past, his wounds had closed up by themselves, so he'd assumed that would've been the same for Michael, however...

"N-nothing's happening! A-are they supposed to?! How do you know this?! Oh- oh we need to stop the bleeding, call an ambulance, ANYTHING! He's gonna bleed out like this-" Eden panicked, not sure what to believe in anymore.

Zachary freaked out "NO! Anything BUT an ambulance!"

"WHAT?! What do you mean no?! H-he's gonna die if w-we-"

"Get me some bandages first! Then- then..." he couldn't think of anything else, it was then that between gasps and heavy, painful breathing, Michael muttered a name.

"E-Ezekiel..."

"What? Ezekiel?" Eden muttered, widening his eyes, what did he have to do with anything now?

"He c-can..."

"He can what?" Zachary asked frantically. "Can he do something here? Should we call him?"

Michael nodded, quickly hiding his face in the pillows, tightly gripping them with his hands as he felt the pain amp up again.

"I-it's okay! Eden, call him and Heather! Tell them to come here!" the older man hurriedly said, holding the Seraphim's hand.

"I-I will b-but f-first! The bandages! Then-"

"I don't NEED THEM!" Michael cried, panting "P-please- just- get him h-here..."

Zachary stopped Eden from grabbing the bandages "Trust him, Eden, he may be in pain but he's not delirious yet-"

Eden gritted his teeth and went to take the bandages anyway, "Like hell I'm gonna leave your wounds uncovered! Zachary, patch him up, s'il the plait!"

The older man was surprised but began caring for Michael anyway, with shaky hands. Eden was right, they couldn't just ignore his wounds, so he did his best to bandage up his back, much to the Seraphim's annoyance.

"Call him- p-please, please-"

"Don't worry- I'm calling him right now!" he muttered, feeling beyond confused, but respecting his wishes. Why did Michael want Ezekiel to be there now? Now that he thought about it... Ezekiel did always have a bit of an odd aura to him... could he also be... like Michael?