Part 61.

At first, Sirius couldn't tell if sleep deprivation was causing him to hallucinate.

Bellatrix Lestrange was at his door.

"Sirius?" Kreacher called again, this time louder.

Bellatrix Lestrange was at his front door.

"Oh, fuck!"

Sirius ran so fast down the stair he thought he would've tripped. His hand gripped the railing as he feverishly watched his steps.

He put his hand on the door handle and twisted it, his stomach twisting with it.

Bellatrix stood at the door with her hands folded, her fingers laced together amidst the rings on every finger. She wore a long black dress with a lace long sleeve shirt. Her face looked young and bright, that would be a first.

"Cousin Sirius!" She screeched, her manic eyes piercing him.

Bella hadn't changed much. Her crazy black hair was still the same and her smile still had that feral look as it had so many years ago.

"Bellatrix!" Sirius responded with careful confidence.

She pulled him into a hug as he returned it cautiously, inching away. Something was wrong. Their family were not people who hugged. Normally it was a handshake or a bow of the head. Never a hug.

He opened the door to her, hoping she wouldn't blow up his house or jinx him for fun.

"Looks the same." Her eyes darted around the room.

"Yeah, didn't have the heart to change it. Plus, Regulus and Mother would kill me." Sirius backed away and grabbed the coffee pot.

"Lucy is here? And Walburga?"

Lucy was Regulus' nickname when he was a kid, it's a long story. It brought back memories, too many to count. Sirius shook off the chill creeping up his spine.

He tilted his head up to the left as he poured his coffee. "In the portrait room."

"Oh," She stood still as she continued on looking. "Right."

Her eye caught the blue rooms and bright colors to the right of the parlor and walked closer. She knew it was unnatural, as all of the rooms were either a black or grey.

Sirius saw his cousin walk over to Harry's room with her claws out, reaching for the door.

"No-" Sirius yelped and ran towards her.

Bella's long fingernails scratched the door as she pushed it open, peeking inside.

Harry lie there with his back towards them, snoring softly like his father used to.

"Relax, i won't hurt the boy."

"Huh, yeah. You said that about Lucy, too."

Sirius grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. To their surprise, Remus was standing there.

He blinked at the two silently like he had foreseen this. A mixture of a hangover and shock probably triggered this response. His face was wiped clean of emotion as he scanned the two.

"Moony! This is- uhm-"

Remus held up his hand. "Shh, too loud," Grumbling, he rubbed his temples and walked over to the coffee pot.

Remus took a breath in and let a long sigh out, pouring the coffee into the large mug that sat comfortably in his hands.

"Why is Bellatrix Lestrange standing in my kitchen?"