without saying goodbye

what happened last 

y/n dad pov

i walked out of my daughter's room and to my wife's office

"we need to talk" i said looking at her in disappointment.

she turned around in her chair and asked

"about what?"

"did you seriously just ask about what?" i asked getting frustrated.

"yeah what is so important that i have to stop working?" she asked

"well one you slapped our daughter in the face and then told her she couldn't do the one thing she loved because you want her to do something else." i said

"she has to learn that she can't have everything." she said 

"she knows that. the only she has ever asked for is to take dance and theater. she keeps her grades up and puts her whole heart and soul into her dance and acting. anytime we ask her to do something for us she does or trys her best to. she didn't deserve what you did to her especially not in front of shane. you need to go and apologize tomorrow because she cried herself to sleep in his arms." i said 

"well that boy needs to stop seeing her. he's a bad influence keeps pushing her to dance and follow her dreams." she said rolling her eyes.

"if anything i'm glad she has him. he picks her up when she falls, makes her feel loved and cared for, he would do anything for our girl and there aren't many boys left like him. she needs him. if you've been friends with someone since kindergarten and you lose them after 13 years that pain hurts and it doesn't go away fast." i said defending the boy.

"she needs to grow up and learn that her place is with this company not out dancing and playing pretend." she says turning back to her computer. 

"i think its time i do something i should have done a long time ago." i said

"and what's that?" she asked 

"we need to divorce." i said she turned around so fast and looked at me with fake pain in her eyes. 

"you're going to leave me after everything we've built together." she said with a fake voice

"we? you didn't build anything, i built this company. and while you were out trying to "promote" our company with other companies instead of actually promoting and trying to build it you tried to bribe the ceo's by having sex with them." i yelled. she looked at me with a look of shock.

"how did you-" she started 

"because i actually promoted with them and they told me everything but i couldn't leave the kids like that. they were the only things keeping our marriage running." i said looking down. 
" i will pick up the papers tomorrow." i said walking off to the guest bedroom.  i changed my clothes and laid in the bed thinking of how i'm going to fight to have custody over my daughter. 

the next morning

back to y/n pov

i woke up and noticed i was in my bed. the last thing i remember is crying in shane's arms. he must have put me in bed when he noticed i was asleep. well i got up and decided to get ready. i didn't wear anything fancy because i didn't feel like getting all pretty today, not after last night. when i walked downstairs i noticed my dad making a cup of coffee. 

"morning dad" i said grabbing some stuff to make toast.

"hey kiddo, excited for school?" he asked

"yeah i guess school is school though." i said