Prologue

I pulled my knife out of the neck of an enemy soldier as I looked up at the crimson sky.

'Hm?'

My constant movement paused as I spotted a huge plain drop a metal torpedo, the missile itself spanning tens of meters. I could feel a sense of honor develop in my chest as I realized to what lengths they were willing to go to get rid of me. And forming a crazed smile I stuck my middle finger up at the plain and laughed.

"Haha, you bastards actually nuked your own army just to get me! I'm honored!"

And then after a blinding flash that out shown the sun, the searing pain of my body being evaporated took over, as my consciousness faded into an endless void.

...

As I regained consciousness I noticed I was in a pitch black tunnel, the only light coming from far off in the distance as it approached at a slowed pace. Taking in my surroundings and thinking back to what had happened right before my loss of consciousness, I was able to come to the conclusion that I was not only dead, but my consciousness was being taken somewhere.

'But why can I still remember my life? Aren't souls supposed to be purged before reincarnation?'

The existence of souls wasn't something I doubted as, after a certain project, their existence became pretty well known, and even became a source of power in our dying world. However what confused me instead was the fact that my soul was getting reincarnated or transmigrated without being wiped of all memories, instance, and energy.

'Hm?'

All of the sudden I noticed that the white light was approaching me at a quickened pace, and as it grew closer I was overcome with bodily pain.

'Shit!'

The pain faded almost as quickly as it came, only to be followed by the sensation of my body being wrapped in cloth and handed to someone.

"My Lady, congratulations on the birth of the next Duke of house Lloyd!"

Hearing the feminine voice I tried to open my eyes, but quickly gave up on the idea as the light seared my retina. Letting out a pained gasp, I noticed that my voice was different than normal, as I unconsciously started to cry. The people around me only seemed to grow even more noisy as I heard the door to the room slam open, followed by hurried steps.

'Oh for heavens sake, can't you people just shut the fuck up!'

I once agin tried to open my eyes, this time letting them adapt slowly to the dimmed hall, and took the chance to analyze the situation.

The first person I saw was a young, white haired women who wore a small but tired smile as she gazed down at me gently. Her overall features could be considered sharp, almost as if carved to perfection, which beautifully complemented her pale blue eyes and creamy pale skin.

'Have I actually been reincarnated?'

Turning my gaze to the right I spotted the man who I assumed to be my father, as he gave labored breaths seeming more tired then my mother. He had short black hair that didn't quite hang down to his eyes, and long eyelashes that made him look quite handsome. His sharp features and towering physique looked similar to that of Greek God statues that I had seen, and from the training suit he was wearing I determined he was a fighter or soldier of some sort.

Then finally getting a chance to take in the room I noticed that my new family was quite rich, with each of the walls decorated with intricate designs and the beautifully carved canopy bed where me and my mother rested. People dressed as maids and butler's moved frantically as they checked my mothers vitals, before finally clearing the room.

(A/n He hasn't discovered the mediaeval setting as high nobles likely use light artifacts instead of candles.)

My train of thought was interrupted by my fathers monotone voice, as he spoke to my mother.

"Eve what should we name him?"

I momentarily took a moment to appreciate the ASMR potential of his voice before turning my gaze to my mother as she played with my small hands, tracing the faint creases in my palms.

"How about Cassian?"

Her voice seemed to echo melodically as she gave a quiet smile. Causing my father gave a short but firm nod, as he brushed my minuscule amount of hair.

"From now on my son, you shall be known as Cassian Lloyd. The heir to the Lloyd house."

And just seconds after he made the proclamation, my consciousness eased into slumber, as my body was tucked into my new mothers embrace.

'Maybe after all that fighting, I deserve some rest... ya, just a quick nap'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(A/n How'd I do?)