The Swan Gazebo

Y/N and Ciel both paused for a minute, looking like deer in headlights. Had they heard him right? Was this their chance to finally get close to the P4? Before Y/N could ask Maurice to repeat himself, Ciel took their opportunity by the reins and instantly accepted the invitation with a sickeningly sweet smile. "Of course we accept!" He practically gushed, completely and totally out of his own character. It made Y/N feel a bit foolish, but she added onto his little show by gawking about what an honor it was to be personally invited to the Swan Gazebo.

"Really? I'm so glad!" Maurice beamed. "We'll be waiting at the Swan Gazebo at 4 p.m. tomorrow!"

"That sounds perfect," Y/N smiled. "Just to confirm, you said 4 p.m.?" Maurice nodded his head rapidly before he excused himself.

"See you later!" He called to Y/N and Ciel down the hallway as he disappeared with a wave. Y/N waved back and Ciel awkwardly smiled as the boy slipped away. It was mere seconds after Cole's gold curls disappeared around the hall corner that stomping echoed against the walls as if a wild stampede was loose in the building.

The entire classroom seemed to tackle Ciel and Y/N, every last student trying to interrogate them on what Maurice was like and what they had discussed. "You two are amazing!" McMillan's voice flooded their ears over everyone else's chatter.

"I'm so jealous! I wanna go too!" Another boy whined, causing even more of an up roar.

"Only the P4 and their entourage are allowed in the Swan Gazebo," a student whispered to Ciel and Y/N once they finally untangled themselves from the swarm.

"You'd better give us the details later, okay?" Someone they had never met insisted as he grabbed onto Y/N's arm, practically vibrating with excitement. And all the while as Ciel and Y/N were bombarded with questions and advice, Sebastian walked past them without so much as sparing them a glance. Y/N knew he heard what Maurice had told them, not a single syllable missing his demon ears. And she knew several other boy's had heard as well. Gossip would spread like wildfire in a contained school such as this, and it wouldn't surprise Y/N if the entire school knew that Ciel and Y/N were to meet with the P4 in the Swan Gazebo at 4 p.m. tomorrow. "But gossip hardly ever works in one's favor. And while they spread it like a disease, these boys will no longer envy us by 5 o'clock tomorrow evening. No amount of words spread will save us from a good, old social thrashing."

Y/N knew that even though she very loudly asked Maurice to reconfirm the time for their appointment, and several boys and Sebastian heard him say 4 p.m., when he changed his mind tomorrow, he'd change their ears too. Y/N wished there was a way she could warn Ciel, but at the same time, when he was in rare form, the kid could be rather brutal. So just this once, Y/N kept her mouth shut and just nervously smiled.

The sun had long set and now the only thing illuminating the school were the candles and torches lining the halls. It made for a perfect eerie atmosphere as Y/N and Ciel waited outside Sebastian's office. The two of them could hear him talking with another boy through the thick wooden door. It made both of them twitch in annoyance when Sebastian calmly explained to the boy what he had been doing wrong instead of beating his palms raw with a riding crop. They could hear the thumps of the boy's books as he closed them and collected them all in his arms. "Thanks ever so much!" They heard him gush as the boy reached for the door. "Good night, sir!"

The two nobles ducked into the shadows and watched the boy open and close the door as Sebastian told him 'good night'. The boy was grinning ear to ear as he scurried down the hallway. It appeared he was too distracted to notice Y/N and Ciel watching him from the shadows of an alcove. They waited for him to disappear around a corner before they crept over to Sebastian's office door. Ciel rapped his knuckles against the thick wood and Y/N said with an obnoxiously pitched voice, "Mister Michaelis! There's just so much I don't understand. Could you please explain it to me? Pretty please?" Y/N could feel Sebastian's glare from through the door as she and Ciel snickered under their breath. Eventually they heard a muffled, "come in," and did as they were told.