Chapter 12

Bella and Edward sit with Angela, Janie, Eric, Mike and Jessica at lunch at school. Edward and Bella are on the end, slightly apart. Angela is busy addressing a pile of note card envelopes. Mike writes what he's saying on a legal pad. Janie is thinking about Paul and mentally debating on if she should date him or not.

"My fellow students. Cool. Right? Wow. Okey, right? -- Cute. We are the future. Anything is possible... ... If you just believe," Mike says as he writes on the legal pad.

"Nice," Angela comments.

"Blah, blah, blah... Perfect. And got your self a speech," Mike says; he rips the page off, hands it to Jessica.

"Jessica: No, this will be my speech. When I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head. So... Thank you," Jessica says and she crumples the paper up and she tosses it at him.

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," Mike comments.

"They have the bread and butter of all valedictorians," Eric says.

"That is why you're not valedictorian," Angela says to her boyfriend. "And Jess doesn't need cliches. Speech is gonna be epic."

"Epic?" Jessica smirks. "It'll change live."

Alice and Jasper have abruptly appeared, carrying trays of food they won't eat. Janie rests a head playfully against Jasper's shoulder for a second and sits up. He smiles at her a little.

"I've decided to throw a party," Alice declares.

"After all, how many times we gonna graduate high school?" Jasper asks with a smirk, the inside joke making him mentally laugh and Edward to stifle a smile.

"A party? At your place?" Angela asks.

"I've never seen your place," Jess says.

"No one but Bella and Janie have," Eric states.

"Another party, Alice?" Edward asks.

"It'll be fun."

"Yeah, that's what you said last time," Bella says. She winces when Janie kicks her for being rude to Alice.

Suddenly Alice freezes, her eyes glazing over. She's having a vision. Mike hasn't noticed yet.

"Well cool, that's really uh... normal of you. What time?" Mike asks and gets nothing from Alice. "Dress code? Bring anything? Cheetos?'

"Her parties usually have a formal dress code," Janie says and Mike looks at her; she's distracting him from Alice and Jasper is relieved. "And if you bring Cheetos, bring me a bag of the crunchy ones."

Then the two start a debate on which Cheeto's better: the puffs or the crunch Cheetos.
✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

"Sam!" Janie calls when she goes to his and Emily's place. "Sam!"

"Calm down, I'm here," Sam says as he comes downstairs in sweatpants and no shirt.

"The Cullens might need the pack's help," Janie says; Carlisle and Alice wanted their help.

"What's up?" Sam asks, his alpha mode coming in swimmingly.

"Alice, she can see the future," Janie says. "She saw Victoria in town. She's sending Bella out of town. She and Edward are going to Florida to visit our mom."

Sam sees that Janie is upset. She didn't get airline tickets for her birthday. Bella got an extra one and she's bringing Edward instead of her and Janie misses Renee.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks.

"Do you know where Paul lives?" Janie asks. She needs him right now.

Sam nods and he grabs some paper. Janie keeps her eyes on her feet. Sam's not an ugly man, none of the wolves are. She's being respectful.

"Here you go," Sam says as he hands her the paper with Paul's address on it and directions on how to get there from Sam and Emily's.

Janie thanks Sam before she leaves and goes to Paul's. She sees Paul sitting on the porch of his small house he has fall alone; his mom, Anne, lives across the street. She clears her throat. When Paul looks up and sees his imprint, his face brightens and he waves for her to come up.

"I, uh, I got your address from Sam," Janie says.

Paul pulls her into the porch swing. "That's fine. What's going on?"

"I wanted to see you but the Cullens need help from the pack because Victoria will be around in a few days," Janie says.

"Okay," Paul replies and the two go inside.

Paul turns on the tv and Janie sits beside him. Janie curls up into him like she usually does. Paul feels his entire body relax as he holds her.