Did she just say that?

“Um. What?" I asked, not really sure if I had heard her correctly.

“Cedric Chandler. He is the like hottest man in this town. I'd kill for a date with him, but he doesn't date coworkers, sadly.” She sighed as a frown tugged on her lips.

Oh, yes.

So sad. Not.

I do not care.

This is not professional. I do not care that she thinks the asshole cop that was a jerk and gave me a ticket even though I explained to him I was new in town and didn't notice the speed limit deduction.

“Okay.” I said, not really wanting anything to do with this conversation.

“I mean, did you look at him? That man is seriously yummy, right?” She gushed. “Name?” She asked and looked up from her computer finally.

She was wearing black-framed glasses, her red hair was pulled back in a messy bun, and she was wearing a brown jacket and pants suit.

“Avery Scallan.” I informed her.

“Ahh yes, I see. The ticket is two hundred and fifty dollars. It will need to be a check. We do not take cards or cash.” She informed me with a raised eyebrow.

“No problem” I notified her. I brought my purse up and sat it on top her desk, opened it up and pulled my checkbook out.

We stayed in silence as I wrote the check-out. Two hundred and fifty dollars. I couldn't believe this shit. My second day in my new town and I'm giving to pay for a ticket.

“Cedric” The red-haired lady in front of me happily called out, and I swung my startled gaze towards the entrance of the police station and seen that sure enough. Officer asshole himself just walked in.

Great.

Freaking fantastic.

“Good morning Wendy” Officer Chandler's deep voice reached my ears, and I had to fight my body not to shiver at the sound. “And Miss Avery” He added and stressed the Miss part.

Probably because I gave him sufficient shit about it yesterday.

“Officer” I mumbled, not too happy to be around this man again.

Two days in a row.

“You can call me Cedric.” He said and smirked.

I quickly ripped the check from the checkbook and slid it across the counter to the lady that I now know name is Wendy.

“Is that everything?” I asked, wanting to get away from Cedric as soon as possible.

“Yes that's all. You will receive a receipt in the mail in a few days” Wendy informed me but didn't take her eyes off Officer Chandler.

“Fantastic” I grumped and shoved my wallet back inside my purse and lifted it onto my left shoulder. “Have a good day”

I spun around with the intent on leaving both a gushing Wendy and the sexy but asshole macho man Cedric behind, but that wasn't in Cedric's plan I guess because he quickly followed behind me.

“Miss Scallon I'd like to gave a word with you.” He informed me and I heard his heavy footsteps following behind me. I really wanted to straight run out the police station, but my pride kept my feet moving slow.

“I'm in a rush. Have things to do, Officer. Have a lovely day.” I grunted, opened the front door to the police station thinking I won't, but nope.

Cedric followed me out.