Chapter 8: In Search of the Affluent Progeny

Start from the beginning

"Umm...I went to all that trouble to make you that tea...and you wanted me to go even farther?"

"Yes, I realize it can be a bit of a hassle... Even in cafes that offer proper milk tea, it is always more expensive than simple tea with milk. It takes more time to prepare, surely, but...why even bother creating a menu if you are not going to offer the highest level of quality!?"

"Well, um...we don't actually have a menu..."

"That does not matter. Hurry up and bring me what I asked for, swine!" Celeste was no longer in her calm self and suddenly became a raging monster.

"WHAAAAAT!? O-Okay! Your little piggy will bring it right out!" Hifumi ran into the kitchen frightened.

"Hmhm. I do so love coercion," Celeste returned to her calm self. Everyone noticed her sudden change of behavior and didn't want it to go unnoticed.

"You were like...a totally different person just now," Hina said.

"Yeah, shit... You really went psycho there," Mondo observed.

"Hmhmhm..." Celeste giggled and brushed off the comments.

I knew there was more to her than what meets the eye... I better watch myself around her.

The dining halls suddenly flew open, and Taka entered looking quite distraught.

"Bad news, everyone! There is a mystery afoot!" Taka announced.

"Huh? What happened?" Hiro asked.

"It would seem Byakuya refuses to leave his room! I stood there pressing his doorbell over and over, but he never showed himself," Taka said.

"Maybe he just...wasn't there," Makoto suggested.

"I'd like to think so. But I'm worried something might have happened to him," Taka said. He didn't need to explain further because we all knew what he meant.

"I-It might be a good idea if we all split up and go look for him," Makoto said.

"Ah! I was just about to suggest the same thing!" yelled Taka.

"Stop trying to one-up e-everyone..." Toko muttered.

"Okay, then I'll go check his room one more time. I'm just gonna keep on hammering that button till I get a response," Hina said.

"Very well, then the rest of us can go check the rest of the building," Sakura said.

"Yeah. Before it's, y'know...too late," Hiro said.

=======

"Why on earth must I waste my precious time looking for some rich boy!" I complained as I leaned on the walls near the entrance of the stairs. "I personally don't care what happens to him."

Makoto walked up the stairs and saw me nearby. He walked up to me.

"Hey Hanako. Have you found Byakuya yet?"

"No, and I don't want to look for him," I replied.

"Why not?" Makoto asked.

"Because I don't want to, that's why. And besides, I'm sure he's alright," I assured.

"How can you be so sure about that?" Makoto inquired.

"Because I know where he is," I lied.

"You do?" Makoto asked, quite shocked.

"Must you ask so many questions? Anyways, if you want to look for him, go right ahead. I'm not stopping you," I said.

Makoto looked at me with a weird look but walked away a few seconds later. A bit later I heard his voice cry out.