Chapter 1

𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘯

𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘯

After Matthew's death, a lot of things were changed. Some of the workers we needed to be released, however we did keep Madam Soyer and her husband, who were not only the head of the kitchen and maintenance but also family to us.

Their adoptive daughter Leianna joined us a few years after, and that has been the dynamic ever since.

We live in the beautiful countryside of the Adamas, also known as Kingdom of Diamonds.

The vast supply of, you guessed right...diamonds and many rare jewels made Adamas one of wealthiest out of all four Kingdoms.

Adamas is ruled by the great King Oliver. His son, Prince Leonardo is next in line to sit on the throne. His late wife, Queen Cilles passed away 3 years ago due to a chronic illness, and it caused a blanketing cloud of sorrow to cover the entire kingdom.

We were all truly devastated.

Her passing was just 2 years after my Matthew had died, so I sympathized greatly with the king. I knew how it felt to lose the one you love.

When I first met Matthew, it had not been long since I divorced my first husband. Who really was only a marriage of convenience.

You see, I'm originally from the Griar, known as the Kingdom of Harvest. Griar provides the 4 Kingdom's with it's agricultural revenue. Crops, wheat, grain etc.

I was like a personal trophy on Patrick's arm. He was a very successful businessman in Griar, and my father married me off to him, for the betterment of his company.

We were married for 6 years, at the time when I started having a gut feeling that he had a mistress. Seeing as he would never lay with me.

Even then, I never made any initiative to confront him about her, and I couldn't go to my parents either because when I did tell my mother about it the first time, she told me not to.

Flashback

"Are you crazy Catelyn?! You do not confront your husband about this." She whisper-shouts. Pulling me into the kitchen, away from my father who sat on his chair in the living room.

"But mom!"

"No! What exactly are you going to do Catelyn when you confront him? You are a housewife, you have no job and nothing to show forth for yourself, or that you can use to stabilize yourself when you leave. He has the upper hand." She explains.

"He'll take everything from you and make sure you have nothing, so that you can come crying and begging him to take you back!"

End of Flashback

I stayed with him for 4 more years after that. But then it was our 10th anniversary, when our parents decided to throw us a party to celebrate, I was made a fool when he didn't even show up. And when I confronted him of it, he said something important came up.