Chapter 24 • Jaci

Start from the beginning

"Happy birthday my sweet niece

"Happy birthday my sweet niece. Hope you're day goes well. I'll be back next week and hopefully we can catch up then. How does a belated birthday dinner sound?" My Uncle Liam has been gone for over a week now. He's been in Paris at psychology seminar. Every now and again he calls to check up on me or sends me a text. Like now.

"Perfect. Love you." I do miss him. I wish he was here so I could talk to him about my problems but I don't want to unload on him with him being so far away. Maybe when he returns I can talk to him about Cal but then again he may just want to rip Cal in two if I describe to him all of the sordid details that's been happening between Cal and I.

I'll leave it be for now, let him enjoy hisself for awhile. He deserves some peace and quiet. He doesn't need to worry about me. I'm a big girl I can find my own solution. One way or the other.

"Ditto!" Placing my phone back in my pocket, I pick up the little white bucket filled with pellets.

Rolling down window, in the passenger seat, I extend the bucket to a passing emu.

He graciously accepts my offering. Gobbling down his food rapidly, his excitement makes me giggle. Causing everyone in the vehicle to laugh along with me. Another emu starts walking slowly up to my window, standing right beside the other emu he pushes his long neck inside of the SUV, greedily taking over. The over eagerly emus make me continuously laugh at there antics.

I knew this would be so much fun! 

"Hungry little fuckers aren't they?" Ora laughs along with me, watching the emus completely consume all of the little pellets.

"I'm empty." I apologize to the rambunctious emus, rolling up my window I wave goodbye to them. Watching them both walk away from us gradually.

"Here take mine." Asher offers me another bucket generously from the backseat. Grabbing the tiny bucket I give him a smile. Faron already gave me his earlier, they're all being so courteous toward me.

"Thank you." As we drive further into the park, we see a caravan of camels amply coming toward us at a slow and wistful pace.

One giant camel, walks carefully up to my window, I ease the window down holding the bucket up for him to eat.

The camel snorts blowing his disgusting drivel all over me, all my mates laugh at my misfortune. The blasted camel has no manners apparently.

Luckily the camel ignores my revolting sounds, he slobbers the contents down hungrily.

Emptying yet another container, in our five mile ride along the safari. Thankfully we come to the end just as all of our containers are now empty.

"Can we do a walkthrough?" I eagerly ask Ora, practically jumping in my seat.

I would love to be able to pet the bengal tigers and the giraffes on our journey. The exotic animals has always been my favorites.

"It's your birthday sweet cheeks. You're wish is my command." Ora tells me, if only he knew what I actually wished for he wouldn't be offering them up so easily. At this point I have so many wishes that I wish would come true.