Chapter 12. Gravestones.

Start from the beginning

I swallowed. The tension in the room grew thicker by the second. It was getting harder and harder to breathe.

"I-I had to give some of my blood. Thats all." I smiled while I tried to hide the fear on my face.

He didn't seem to believe me, and asked again.

"Could you tell me what you had to do."

I abruptly nodded. "I had to sit on a chair while Kiriwo drew out a liter of my blood. He said it was for his brother."

He still didn't seem happy with my answer. "I heard you passed out, could you tell me how that happened?"

Oh shit. What do I do now? I don't want to tell him about anything that happened. What do I do, what do I do?

It didn't matter what. He already noticed the fear on my face. "Come on, you can tell me. What did he do to you?"

"H-he just drew out some blood, it was just a litt-tle too much for my body to handle."

I looked up at him, and put on a smile. "Really, im fine. Thank you for being concerned about me." The smile was fake, but I knew he couldn't tell the difference.

He nodded and proceeded to turn into eggy grandpa. "Im so glad my grandson is back safely, I was so worried when I heard the news!"

I couldn't help but sigh. I felt relieved, grandpa was back to normal, and I could vent a little about what happened, but yet I felt this heavy feeling in my throat weighing me down. Everytime I'd smile it would stop me from keeping it, everytime I'd laugh the feeling would grow stronger.

I hate this feeling.

After dinner, I decided to go to my room again, instead of playing games.

I felt bad about not answering Asmodeus and decided that I should do it before tomorrow.

"Hey Asmodeus.

I'm doing okay. Im not very nauseous, and I already feel better. I don't think Opera will let me go to school anytime soon though.

And don't worry about Clara, shes just upset. Give her some time and she will come back.

I hope to see you soon aswell!

--Iruma."

And after that, I went right back to sleep.

When I woke up, I was back in the dream again. This time however, things were a little different. There was grass everywhere. It had replaced the mud. The tombstone was gone and the tree was flowering with beautiful pink flowers.

Well.. exept that one thing disturbed the beautiful sight. I was hanging in it.

It was almost morning, I could see the sunset in the horizon. The cloaked creature from before was walking towards me again. Exept, this time he didn't notice me and walked to my body. My hanging body.

He stared. And he kept staring.

"You actually did it..."

"Why would you..?"

"I never ment any of the things I said.."

"I just wanted you to run to a different place.."

"I just wanted you to be safe.."

"I thought that maybe you could go back to the human...

"I thought I was keeping you from leaving.."

"I told you those horrible words.."

"But why..? Why would you do this..?"

"I thought you would be safe.."

"If I knew this would happen I would have never.."