Chapter 2 Kate's P.O.V.

The bell rang and I realized I was staring into space for half an hour. 
"Hey? Um.."  Andrew said nudging me in the shoulder. I didn't even think. My legs were standing up their own and soon enough our faces were inches apart. My face turned bright red. I stuttered a bit "I -I -I  um..." I looked around and grabbed my notebooks off my desk. I kinda just shoved past him and left him there, now I feel kinda bad for doing that.
__________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________

    After 4th period, I'd noticed that he was in 2 of my other classes and I tried to ignore the staring. I feel like an idiot, and I'm mad and I'm confused and curios as to why my Monday has gone different then other boring Mondays. When I got out of 4th period Liz confronted me about my sudden quietness. I told her about my dream and she teased me about destiny and shit like that. She told me that he WAS hot. And I told her that OUR chances of getting a guy like him especially MY chances were one in a billion. We went to lunch and I asked Liz to get me something handing her my money. When she came back she was looking over my shoulder at something constantly.
"What?" I said in an annoyed tone.
" Oh it's nothing." She said brushing the subject off the table like a piece of lint. She laughed after looking over my shoulder one last time.
"I think I need to get a spoon" she said standing up and quickly walking away. I looked at her tray. She didn't need a spoon to eat a burger. Why is she acting so strange?! At that moment some one tapped me on my shoulder and I jumped in fright landing on the floor. Ouch. My butt . I looked up to see Andrew Collins bent over in laughter. This guy is getting on my nerves. When he finally stopped laughing he outstretched his hand in an attempted to make peace and help me up. I gave him a flat look and push it away. I can stand up perfectly fine on my own.

"You can't just sneak up on people like that. You could get hurt." I grumbled as I stood up.
" I wasn't sneaking up on you. I just tapped you on the shoulder. And I highly doubt you could hurt me. " He retorted .  The cafeteria had suddenly gotten quite and I felt more awkward then I have in a long time. I went to sit down again but he tugged on my wrist turning me back towards him.
"Look," he began looking at the floor as he spoke.
" I'm just saying you should have heard me coming... And  I know you and I didn't get off on the right foot." He said shuffle his feet. They stopped and I looked up wondering if he was still there. He was. Just...well just staring at me.
" and?" I spat
" and I was just wondering if you'd show me around the school?"  He said stepping closer and whispering his words into my ear even though everyone could hear his words perfectly. I heard a few gasps from the girls in the room and the guys cheering him on.
" Stop making a scene you're going to set off rumors you idiot. Do you want that on your first day? Stop wasting my presouces time with my delicious food  and ask some one else." I stated. He raised his eyebrows in shock to what I had just said.
" but you know you want to!" He said. " I don't think I do!" I said leaving the cafeteria.
God I hate him already.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I walked as fast as my legs could carry me as I made my way to my next class. The halls were empty and my footsteps echoed off the walls. I turned the corner ran into what I was presuming was a wall.

"Shit." I said under my breath, as I stumbled back, hand on my forehead.

" Hey watch where you're..." The wall said. I then looked up to find a tall figure with green eyes and messy brown hair, which in fact to my realization was not a wall. Oliver Ravin, stood there with his eyes locked on mine. In all of my days I had hoped never to talk to him. With all the bad rumors that spread around school about him he's a bit scary. Who am I kidding, I'm a tough girl but this guy still scares the shit out of me. He was titled the school's bad boy long ago and him being Vanessa's brother sure raised him higher on the popularity scale.

For a few seconds more we just stared at each other. He looked as though he was contemplating whether to push past me or apologize. And I stood there like a deer in head lights. God, I really need to work on my reactions.

"Uh, I'm really sorry. I didn't see you and I was in a rush and I wasn't watching where I was going and I should have. It was all my fault I'm sorry that you had to get hit in the chest by some random stranger's head. It won't hap..."
" Just stop talking, please?" He said, cutting my rambling short. I did as told and stood there keeping my mouth shut. I probably looked scared out of my pants because a look of concern coated Oliver's face as he put hand on my shoulder and bent over to look me in the eye to calm me down.

" it's fine." He reassured me. His green eyes twinkling as a small amused smile made its way to his lips. The sight of kindness from the schools bad boy is a rare sight to see and it made me even more nervous. I nodded in response and just like that he was gone. Sauntering down the hallway like a runway model. I turn around and continued to make my way down the hall when he said something elese.
" JINKS. Don't go around hyperventilating. It might freak some people out. The next time it happens it won't be me."
The thought that he knew my name surprised me but never the less he had already exited the building leaving me speechless.

I then walked to my next class and sat down in my usual window seat,waiting for the bell to signal that class was in session.

.................................................................................................................................