Chapter 11

News: I recently got a new libray card. So im checking out tons of books on Aushwitz. It was such a tragic place. I didnt realize that until I started the story. Ive tried changing the name but its just not the same. So for this chapter there wont be much about the camp itself.

Dont forget to comment for a dedication!

Im going to try and upload every Friday. If not on Friday then somewhere near it.

- Beth

-----------

Laying on my cold cot that night, I dont remember drifting off. I only realize im asleep when the darkness of my cold world turns into that of an old memory.

My mother sits beside me on our basement floor. Her eyes brightened with hope. Still a young healthy newborn, she is only a few months old.

This old memory is before the war ignighted. Before my father disappeared.

Before news of his death found us.Before they came for us. Before both of all of their death's.

It was too soon. Lea was so young. So innocent. She didnt even live. Her life was stolen from her without a second thought.

Our small basement door flew open to reveal the only man I have ever loved. My father.

I ran into his soft embrace without hesitation. Why would I hesitate? He was home.

He was safe. We were safe.

Dad hugged me tight and chuckled. "Are you hungry, my little one?" I beamed up at him and nodded my head eagerly.

"Good. Hon, set the table, tonight we feast!" I remember laughing and cheering and smiling all night. We sat around our little table and we did indeed feast.

Just a week later he would leave us again to fight in the war. As far as I know or knew he died long before my mother and Lea.

The selfish part of me hoped my dad was still out there somewhere, fighting to come back to us.

To me.

Maybe he wasn't really dead. Maybe he had come home to find mom and Lea.

Maybe, just maybe he was lying in bed somewhere, remembering this same moment in our past. Wondering where I am. Thinking what he would do if somehow he found me. Alive. Breathing.

But it was a stupid and silly thought. He is gone forever. I open my eyes to find bleak darkness.

Sighing with my broken heart on my filthy sleave. I pray for my father. I pray for my mother. I pray for my innocent baby sister, Lea.

And then for the first time since I witnessed my little family's demise.

I start to cry.

I finally let myself fall apart. Again.

------

OK does this chapter seem confusing or does it make since?