The Bonding

Legolas was nervous. He paced up and down the hall. The small ceremony was being held a courtyard, and Legolas stood on the inside side of the large, oaken, double doors. He was dressed in a simple, silver robe with a silver tunic and leggings. His boots were light brown and contrasted with the rest of his outfit. It was all topped off with one of his mother's circlets, which was all that held his loose hair back, that she had given him when she arrived. Too soon, though, Thranduil came back to his son.

Legolas' pacing stopped, "Ada {Dad}..."

"It's time, ion-nin {my son}," Thranduil said, smiling gently at his sons nervousness.

Legolas nodded and linked arms with his father. The doors opened and revealed the courtyard to the two Woodland Elves. Legolas had not seen the courtyard decorated - though Elladan had assured him it was perfect - and was very pleased with how beautiful, yet simple, all of the decorations were. But what really made his breath catch was Elladan. The half-Elf was wearing a long burgundy robe with crimson tunic and brown leggings and boots. His hair was also loose, and he was wearing one of Elrond's circlets.

The two made eye contact and, suddenly, Legolas saw nothing else. He was getting married. This was it. He was binding his soul with someone else's. And he wasn't nervous anymore. He kept his blue eyes on Elladan's brown ones and walked confidently down the aisle with Thranduil. When they reached the alter, the Elvenking handed his son off to the Peredhil and then went to sit in his seat next to his own wife.

Elladan and Legolas never broke eye contact. They recited their vows and exchanged the rings of their houses. Elrond then joined their hands and began to speak the words of soul bonding. As he spoke, all seemed to disappear from around Elladan and Legolas. They stood in a white hall before two thrones with two beings on them. The two Elves were awestruck as they stood before Manwë and Varda, the King and Queen of the Valar.

"Today let these two souls be joined in love," Manwë spoke, gently.

"And, may they prosper in this love for evermore," Varda finished.

The King and Queen raised their hands in blessing and the two Elves were transported back to the courtyard in Rivendell. They looked at each other in wonder as the courtyard materialized around them.

"The bonding is complete," Elrond announced, letting go of Legolas' and Elladan's hands. "Let it be sealed with –"

Elladan didn't even wait for his father to finish. He claimed the Wood Prince's lips as his own. Their friends and family stood and applauded. As Elladan and Legolas pulled away from each other, they felt renewed, like they had a whole new chance; a new beginning. And as they joined their guests, everyone went into the Hall of Fire for the reception, where they were swarmed by Elves wanting to congratulate them.

You all know I love you guys, right? Well, the happiness isn't going to last much longer. There's going to be a lot of time before Lego and 'Dan get to have happy times again. Please don't hate me! I love you guys, thanks for reading!

And even though no one commented last chapter, I want to say thank you to Dess_Basilisk and NolwenTurgon for reading and commenting the last few installments.