Healed

The next morning, Galadriel opened the door to Legolas' chambers and then closed it behind her. Just as she suspected she would, she saw Elladan, Elrohir, and Arwen - who had also returned from Lorien - standing just to the side of the door.

"Haruni {Grandmother}," Elladan greeted. "Is all well?"

Galadriel smiled, "Go in and see for yourself."

Elladan nodded. He quietly opened the door and closed it behind himself. He looked around. All of the windows were open. Sunlight poured into the room. As Elladan scanned the chamber, his eyes rested on the figure standing out on the balcony. Legolas stood by the railing, his face toward the sky. As Elladan walked further into the room, Legolas heard his light footsteps and turned around. Elladan was thrilled with what happened next. Normally, Legolas would ask who it was and then wait for the person to approach him. But this time was different. Legolas and Elladan made eye contact for the first time in nearly five months. A wide grin spread over Legolas' face.

"Elladan!"

Legolas ran forward and wrapped his arms around Elladan's neck. Elladan had a moment of shock, but he was soon over it and held Legolas tightly. When they finally pulled apart, both had tears in their eyes. Legolas kissed Elladan and rested his blonde head on the other Elf's shoulder.

"Oh, Elladan, I thought I would never see you again!"

Elladan kissed Legolas' temple, "It's alright, meleth {love}. You can now, and we can put this behind us."

Legolas smiled and nodded against Elladan's shoulder. Then Elladan smiled wickedly.

"Legolas, there's someone else out in the hall who will be glad to see you."

"Who?"

"Go and see for yourself."

Legolas ran to the door and opened it. He stepped into the hallway and looked around. There, he saw Arwen and Elrohir. He shouted for joy and hugged Arwen.

"Aiya, nae saian luume' {Oh, it has been too long}, Arwen! Cormamin lindua ele lle {My heart sings to see thee}!" Legolas said as he released her.

Arwen laughed, "Mae govannen {Well met}, Legolas!"

Legolas turned and caught Elrohir in a brotherly embrace. Elladan came out of the room and Legolas caught him in another hug. Then, Legolas gently hugged Galadriel and thanked her.

They all headed down to breakfast, where everyone was extremely pleased to hear that Legolas had gotten his sight back. Erestor apologized for his behaviour and Legolas easily forgave him, as was his nature. Everyone ate and then went about their duties. All save Legolas, the twins, and Arwen, who spent the day in the garden since Legolas was now very eager to familiarize himself with all of the flowers and trees and such. They spent most of the day there, bringing with them both lunch and supper.

That night, Legolas and Elladan slept together peacefully. Elladan fell asleep first, and Legolas propped himself up on and elbow and watched his beloved sleep. Legolas was content. While he loved being able to see flowers, trees, his friends, and - someday - his family, he was just happy right now to be able to see the handsome face of his beloved. He soon lay down, but he kept his eyes on Elladan, afraid that if he went to sleep, he would wake up again and find that this was all only a dream. But sleep came anyway. Elves didn't tire, but his day had been busy and he had used much of his mental energy. As he slept, he dreamed of the trees and flowers, and of himself and Elladan walking in the gardens together.

Like the pic? I thought it would be cute. In hope you all are happy with this chapter. OMG THE WEDDING IS COMING SOON. AAAAAHHHHHH! Can you tell that I'm excited about it? ;P I love you guys!

Thank you to NolwenTurgon for being the first to comment on the last chapter!!