Chapter 12 - Strike!

Start from the beginning

"Well, I mean, we're going to go to an afterparty, so," South Korea shrugged, placing her arms into her pockets. China suddenly came up with an idea.

"You know what, you go. 俄罗斯, where's home?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"안녕!" The South Korean waved back at her Chinese friend as her brother drove both her and the rest of the crew away to the afterparty, China and Russia dropped off at Russia's address, as the two made their way into the house, away from the attention and paparazzi. Along with them came one of China's cameramen, Tibet.

"Wow, 好棒," China looked around as he took off his shoes before making his way inside the house, admiring Russia's living space. He smiled as the three made their way towards the kitchen. (好棒-Hǎobàng-great)

"China, this is the dog, dog, this is China," the Russian lightened up the mood, as the two let out a mix of a sigh and exasperated chuckle.

"Wow, so new."

"I mean, I don't know, seems pretty ruff. That's how the joke goes, right?"

The Chinese man could only help but snicker at such a terrible pun. "You are so terrible at that." The Russian only smiled and chuckled, looking down towards the floor with his arms to his pockets as he waddled around, following China. "You just, you're never alone."

"We're alone now."

"Well," the Russian pointed towards Tibet, the cameraman, who was obviously third wheeling very hard here. He seemed to be less than interested in the conversation, but obviously having him around was gonna be very awkward.

"We're recording for my channel. Little mini-bites of life," the Chinese man walked over to the fish tank, admiring the goldfish in Russia's little scope of haven he called home.

"Is everything you do filmed? J-just look, can we skip an episode, please?" the Russian smiled awkwardly, tilting his head and showing off his teeth as China looked back for the Russian's expression, smiling again.

"You want me to go China?" Tibet asked quietly.

"Yeah, you can go," China dismissed his cameraman, who swiftly made his escape from the situation. He would make his way home eventually, it didn't take long from Russia's house to his. "Bye. You'll see him multiple times." The Russian sighed again.

"Happy?"

"Relived, thank you!" Both Russia and China laughed slightly at Russia's obviously joking manner at his thanking. The two went back to some more domestic conversation, the two walking around the kitchen counter admiring his house. 

A few pictures strewn across the table caught the eye of the Asian.

"Oh, is this your 女儿?" China asked as he tilted a photo so the two could see Belarus's face better. (女儿-Nǚ'ér-daughter)

Russia nodded in confirmation. "很可爱!" (很可爱-Hěnkě'ài-very cute)

"She really is. Although, she's kind of like, she's my дочь but doesn't want me, so now hugs, which breaks my heart. Sad," the Russian explained, which made the two of them sigh in slight disappointment. China leaned against the island as he crossed his arms and looked at Russia in a casual manner.

"So, what happened with her mama?" Russia only let out another sound of exasperation. "Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked, it's none of my business." The man shrugged.

"No, no, it's okay, I, uhh, we were married, and it was actually great. And then suddenly I felt as if she didn't want to be with me anymore, or like, she wasn't in love, and I-, I had to let her go." The man looked at Russia inquisitively as he explained what had happened.

"And, statistically, 48% of marriages don't end well, so," Russia's voice trailed off as his eyes followed China as he made his way over somewhere else in the room.

"That means 52% of marriages work," China only smiled as he discovered a swing inside Russia's living room, which he built in for his little daughter. "Wow, you have a swing?! Can I?" Russia only smiled. For someone as big as him, he sure did have a kid's heart. 

"Optimist, I see."

China got onto the swing, the seat bending slightly from China sitting on it as he aimlessly kicked his legs and continued the conversation.

"Second and third marriages probably like 67% of divorce-"

"Even if it's the rarest chance, 1 in a billion, does that matter? A shot's worth taking." The two of them both made tiny "yeah" sounds as China grabbed the ropes and got off the swing.

"I still believe in marriage, I'm a hopeless romantic."

"Still?! You were married like 6 times!"

"Well, 3, but not us, this is 4, but the first was 48 hours, so, doesn't count," China only smiled again. "And I know the fourth marriage probably means bad luck, but again, I don't care."

"But don't you get tired, you just want to quit?"

"No, it's like, 数学, when you can't solve a problem, you don't quit, you just keep trying until you get it right. You understand that, right?"  (数学-Shùxué-math)

The man nodded again, smiling as he finally understood China's logic here. His attention turned back to the dog, who was aching for a walk as China still stood there, smiling.

"You want to come with me to walk dog?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Todo lo que tengo es pa' ti, pa' ti

Pase lo que pase estoy pa'ti, pa' ti

Solo pa'ti, pa'ti, pa'ti

Todo lo que tengo es pa' ti, pa' ti

Pase lo que pase estoy pa'ti, pa' ti

Solo pa'ti, pa'ti, pa'ti

Todo lo que tengo es pa' ti, pa' ti