Happy (Royal) Family

Over time their army was getting bigger and bigger. Both men and women were allowed into the army because they had to have as many people as they could. After six months of training, planning, and hoping the army was finally ready. So on a summer night, the war, known as the Xinghong war started.

The name wasn't Xinghong for nothing, for so much blood was shed that it took months for people to clean the blood off the ground. Blood was said to be shed starting from the capital all the way to the border of the empire. Many scholars have written that this was the bloodiest war to have ever happened. 

The empire's corrupted troops didn't stand a chance if fronted the empress's army. Because these people didn't fight only because they had to, they fought because they were angry, hopeless, and tired of the suffering. The empress's army ended up with only two injured men, while all the troops of the corrupted officials were massacred, except for the ones that were innocent.

Ye Zhingying also made history because she fought while six months pregnant alongside the empress who was seventh months along. Zhang Mingxia's tactics of deceiving the officials also weren't to be underestimated. Yin Bao Ai and Chen Jia Hui were also pregnant at that time. So you could say that the empire was practically saved by five pregnant women. And that is why to this day pregnant women a very much respected in the Jin empire. People started appreciating their wives who were carrying their offspring for them more.  A law was even introduced, that if a husband were to beat their wives who were pregnant they would get executed. 

So after the war was over all the officials were tried, tortured, and then killed. The empress came back and the emperor of course acted very much lovey-dovey with her which made the people realize that this was all a ploy. Ah Lam, Zhang Mingxia, Ye Zhingying, Chen Jia Hui, Yin Bao Ai, and General Liu were all rewarded, and had many merits.

The empress gave birth to the crown prince, Kai Yichen. Then Ye Zhingying gave birth to the second prince, a ger, Kai Zihao. Zhang Mingxia gave birth to the first princess of the empire, Kai Ehuang. The empress once again fell pregnant and gave birth to the third prince, Kai Yinwei. The empress then welcomed her last child the second and Grand Princess, Kai Chyou Ai. 

Even if the emperor did not love the concubines he made sure to treat all of his children equally, hence the concubines never complained. They didn't love the emperor but they wished for their children to be loved by him, and be treated equally with his other children, and the emperor did just that. 

Ye Zhingying, known as Consort Wen barely stayed in the place after her son was six and always went to the army and fought with him. That's why Prince Kai Zihao was a major's daddy's boy. Zhang Mingxia, known as Consort Lan had lived in the palace but she had a mansion outside where she would go and stay there for some time. Her daughter, Princess Ehuang was a very timid and awkward child and got along very well with the empress. The empress also loved her very much, and Zhang Mingxia also didn't seem to mind her daughter's affection towards the empress.

The royal children grew up very happily, before moving out of the palace and establishing their own lives. Prince Kai Zihao married the son of General Ling and has been living a life of doting with his cold-faced husband. Princess Kai Ehuang was happily married to her wife, Peng Qian, the daughter of a major landlord. They had an adopted daughter and lived a life filled with harmony. Kai Yinwei had a fief but he was a bored genius so he only idled his time by annoying his brothers and sisters. Kai Chyou Ai was of course still the proud Grand Princess and feminist that refuses to get married no matter what.

So all in all, this imperial family generation might have been the weirdest but it was also one of the happiest. The concubines and the empress were very good friends, if not the best of friends. The kids were well-raised and most of them had happy marriages. There was no fighting for the throne, no siblings killing each other, and no jealousy. The emperor had always called himself a bad husband for not keeping his promise to his wife, and some people deemed that as true, but they could never lie that he was a bad father. Because none of his kids have ever complained about anything except for him loving them too much.

His love also didn't stop at his kids, he also doted on Liu Quiaqio, Yun Shi, and Li Dani who were raised alongside the imperial children. That's why none of them dared to take this banquet lightly or dared to complain about it being too sudden. Even if the empress was exhausted he had a smile on his face the whole time while preparing for the banquet. He made sure the banquet was lavish. 

Ah Lam was also very happy, and she looked several years young knowing that her husband was fine and was coming back. Consort Wen and Consort Lan both came back to attend the banquet. Prince Zihao came back to the empire looking ver exited, both his husband and father were coming back, so how could he not be eager? Princess Ehuang also came back along with her wife and their daughter to welcome the emperor back. Prince Yinwei tried to look uncaring and idle as always but his twinkling eyes betrayed him. Grand Princess Chyou Ai was also very excited to see her father. 

Everybody worked hard for the whole day preparing for the banquet and then went o bed unable to contain their excitement for tomorrow morning. It was estimated that the emperor and the troops would arrive in the morning around the Wu hour (11 am- 1 pm).

Question Of The Day.

Ur fave author?