The Rise

Kai Tingfeng really loves Ah Lam so he refused and continues his monogamous relationship. The officials felt offended by the fact that a puppet emperor dared to disobey them so they massacred a whole village to warn Kai Tingfeng about who was really in power. Seeing the officials act like this Kai Tingfeng felt really scared and restless. Ah Lam also felt guilty about people dying because of their relationship, so she told Kai Tingfeng that he could take in concubines and that she would be fine with it.

Kai Tingfeng of course immediately rejected that idea. How could he have other people in his harem when he promised to stay loyal to only her? Ah Lam seeing how resistant Kai Tingfeng was towards the idea of him getting concubines gave up for the moment but more and more massacres were happening and Ah Lam couldn't take it anymore. She felt like she was going crazy. Those dead people and bloody faces would show up in her dreams.

She never killed anyone, but it felt as if her hands were stained with blood. She developed extreme anxiety and insomnia. At some point, she even started going crazy. It was at this moment that she threatened to leave Kai Tingfeng if he didn't take in concubines. The request sounded absurd but it was only she who knew how much the fact that innocent people were dying because of her tormented her.

She knew that being the empress came with sacrifices and she still chose to marry the crown prince. She was not just the wife of Kai Tingfeng, she was the mother of the nation and it was her responsibility to make sure that the people of the empire were safe and sound. 

When Kai Tingfeng first heard the threat, he thought that Ah Lam was only going through a phase and would eventually come back to normal, but he was wrong. Ah, Lam no longer talked to him, no longer ate with him, no longer greeted him. He still accepted these, because as long as she was still by his side that was enough for him. But unfortunately, Ah Lam had other plans. In the middle of the night, his trusted eunuch ran to his chambers with the news that the empress had attempted suicide. The emperor didn't even dress and ran to the palace with only undergarments on. When he got there he saw Ah Lam's face so pale and her neck with a huge red mark.

"Ah Lam! Ah Lam! Why are you doing this?!" Kai Tingfeng cried out with tears in his eyes, as he slowly touched Ah Lam's forehead with his.

"Feng'er," Ah Lam uttered huskily as she slowly caressed the face of Kai Tingfeng.

"Why can't we just be together? Is it really such a sin?" Kai Tingfeng sobbed as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Feng'er, I love you more than anything. That's why we have to do this," Ah Lam quietly whispered as slowly hugged his head.

"I don't want to do this! Why can't I just be with you?!" Kai Tingfeng cried in Ah Lam's chest.

"Because we have the responsibility of the nation on our shoulders," Ah Lam uttered as she held her cries back, and gently stroked Kai Tingfeng's hair. The royal family doesn't have happily afters. That was given.

For the rest of the night, the couple stayed in the chamber and comforted each other. The next day Kai Tinfeng summoned a trusted imperial physician to check on Ah Lam. It was found out that she was pregnant. Kai Tingfeng reasoned that it was too dangerous for her to stay in the palace and had to find a way to bring her out of the palace without making it suspicious. 

So the couple pretended to have a big fight about him taking concubines and made Ah Lam act like a jealous wife. Kai Tingfeng pretended to be angry and punished her by sending her to the monastery for education on her wifely duties. After Ah Lam was sent to the monastery, the officials, of course, settle down with the massacres and let their guards down a little. So during the concubine selections, the emperor had time to go and talk to uncorrupted officials about their cooperation to revolt.

The maximum amount of concubines he planned to have was two. He didn't want more than that. So he talked to them and their fathers and told them the truth. He told the daughters that he would be unable to love them and that they were going to be used as ploys. The two officials that had daughters who agreed were Ye Guowei and Zhang  Changming.

Ye Guowei's daughter, Ye Zhongying, was the only girl among the four sons of general Ye Guowei. Though she was spoiled she grew up with a sense of justice and a passion for swords. She hated what was happening to the empire and agreed to marry the emperor in order to help. Zhang Changming's daughter, Zhang Mingxia was also the only daughter of Prime Minister Zhang. She was always arrogant and felt offended by the fact that the emperor said that he wouldn't fall for her as a challenge since she was considered one of the greatest beauties to ever be born. 

Both Ye Zhongying and Zhang Mingxia entered the palace with the rank of consort. The three acted accordingly and even though Zhang Mingxia would sometimes throw a fit she was never a pig teammate. More pressure was coming from the officials so he had to spend nights with the concubines, though he never laid a finger on them. 

Seeing that no good news was coming the officials started becoming suspicious. Ah Lam wrote for Kai Tingfeng to get his concubines pregnant. That was the only way these psycho officials would be satisfied. Kai Tingfeng did as he was told and Ye Zhinying was the first one to get pregnant, then Zhang Mingxia also fell pregnant.

Ah Lam was indeed hurt by the news when she first heard it but she had more important things to do. It was her duty to raise the army that would fight in the rebellion. It was at this time that she met General Liu and his wives. General Liu offered to train the army, Chen Jia Hui was in charge of resources, while Yin Bao Ai was in charge of information.

I am sorry for the late update. My city has been having terrible weather lately and my Wifi was cut. It's still not working but I got a hot spot or whatever you call it, so I could update. Guys, how am I going to live without Wifi? It's break and I don't have wifi wtf? 

Question Of The Day.

Your fave thing to do?