"Ji..."
Painful silence. He couldn't stop looking at her and all her attempts to escape his gaze failed.

"Do you remember the two staff members of mine? That took you home before..?" Jungwon continued. His voice was so soothing to her.

If she remembered? Of course she did.
That very day was supposed to be one of the most promising nights in such a long time.
But everything was crushed by him.

"How could I not?" She scoffed, a hint of bitterness in her voice, "Things went downhill afterwards, how could I not remember?"

A lie. After meeting him, things finally changed.
For once, she wouldn't feel as lonely. As if she had to shoulder all those burdens alone.

For once there was someone.

And even though she couldn't process it yet, right now he was in her home. He was standing in her narrow hallway that she wouldn't even call hallway. He was standing next to her two umbrellas which were both broken. Next to her only pair of shoes and the broken picture frame that she couldn't bring herself to finally clean up.

Jungwon was standing in front of her even though she hadn't seen or heard from him for so long.

How did he know?
That she needed him the most right now?

Or...was he even real? Was it just a deceiving dream? A trap?

"They helped me find you." He whispered to the girl, bringing her back to him, when she didn't answer, "You know, the staff members that you called scary."

The girl felt numb. She wasn't even sure if it was the medications she loved to take or if she just was too tired to argue and ask.
She took a deep breath, blinking slowly before looking at him, feeling her whole calm down.

"They told me where you lived. I had to call them in the middle of the night, do you know how grumpy they were?" Jungwon giggled softly and even though her hand was only an inch away, he didn't take her hand in his. Though he was dying to.
"It was my only way. To find you."

"Weren't you the one who blocked me?"
Cold. Voice.

"No Ji, Listen." Jungwon flinched slightly at this, "My manager accidentally mistook your number for someone else...and deleted it without asking me." He immediately reassured her, watching her attentively, "I...was so scared that I would miss your messages, so I did everything to find you."

As composed as she might seemed on the outside...the sound of her beating heart was too loud for her to properly comprehend what he was saying. He went out of his way to find her just because he wanted to reassure her that everything was just a misunderstanding?

"It's late." She looked down, wrapping her jacket tighter around her body. She felt anxious and agitated, her pupils shaky, "You should leave. I-I shouldn't even have let you into my house."

ji's p.o.v

Jungwon didn't budge. He continued to stand there and look at me.

For some reason, I was happy that he didn't leave. Even though my words said otherwise.

But I couldn't stand him looking at me the way he did right now.