16.5

Longing for...who?

=-=-=-=-=

You weren't fazed with the Tianquan's threats and proceeded to take the situation lightly, as if everything was within your grasp, just as it did before the war started. "I must commend you for knowledge, Yanfei."

"Why thank you, goddess. Now, can you explain to me what happened? Why is Lady Ningguang so mad?" Yanfei started to question.

You began explaining everything, starting from your consciousness in the modern world to Aether and Paimon putting you up to speed with the events that happened to you. "If it's possible, I'd like Aether and Paimon as my witnesses since they're the ones who told the story. They are pure people with pure intentions...unless there's food involved."

The redhead nodded as she went to fetch the two. 

Meanwhile...

><><><>< 

"MORAX, WHERE IS ALMA?!" Childe bursts inside the funeral parlour where everyone, including the traveler and the Tianquan, were present.

"What are you doing here, Childe?" Aether asked defensively.

"Aether, I thought I warned you not to go near her," the harbinger said as he started walking towards the traveler with malice.

Before the man was able to get near Aether, the floating girl blocked him, ready for whatever Childe was going to do, "She came to us, okay?! Stop blaming Paimon and Aether! We were already near Liyue Harbor when she teleported right behind us!"

"Th-that...doesn't make sense! I-"

"-altered her memories, all while taking advantage of her weakened state," the consultant finally broke his silence while his anger slowly builds up as he approaches the redhead slowly. "I thought I told you Fatui not to mess with Alma or you me your enemy."

"You wanna fight, old man? I'll give you a fight," Childe exclaimed as readied himself, transforming into his delusion state.

The Tianquan managed to make a not-so-powerful yet not weak geo barrier around the funeral parlour. The director planned to stay, curious about his ever-so-mysterious consultant now showing his true self while fighting the 11th of the Fatui Harbingers. The clash of elemental energy made it hard for the Goddess at Yujing Terrace to ignore. She bid the young half-adeptus farewell while promising to return before breaking the weak Geo cuffs and running towards Wangsheng Funeral Parlour.

=-=-=-=-=

So, it looks short because this chapter is supposed to be a continuation of 16.1. The next chapter is already ongoing. it's currently 3:35pm and I have NAT exams tomorrow afternoon.