The "Date"

On the way to our cars I had Jessie on my right holding my hand and David's and then Jessica on David's right. I asked David "where we going to eat?" He responded "Thrillist, you ever been?" I said "No its way too expensive! I'm not even dressed appropriately, can we just reschedule?" The way David looked at me I'll never forget he looked like I had just kicked his new puppy. As I was about to reach out and touch him he zoned back in and said he has clothes in his squad car that we can change into when we get there. So when we get to our cars he opens the back seat and buckles his girls in and then when he shuts the door he comes around to the trunk and opens it and gets out a duffel bag. When he opens it it's full with 2 semi-formal clothing. He hands me one of the outfits and tells me to follow him in the car. On the car ride there I was singing on the top of my lungs with all my windows down to the song "Coffee" by Sylvan Esso the wind messing up my styled brown hair. When we finally arrived I was so nervous I forgot to look at myself in my mirrors to see my hair. When I walked over to David and the girls. They started laughing at me and I just couldn't figure out why. Until David walked up to me and started to run his fingers through my hair and re-style it. When he finished he grabbed my hand and kissed me on the cheek then we started to walk over to where the girls were waiting for us. They grabbed our hands and we headed inside. The waiter looking no older than 19 and pretty handsome if i say so asked "how many?" David said "4" never letting go of my hand. The waiter nodded and walked us to a booth toward the back. When we sat down the waiter who's name I found out was Jeff asked us what we wanted to drink, but never taking his eyes off of me causing a growl to come out of David and to grab my hand across the table. I mentally smiled to myself and noted he's easily jealous. After the the waiter got us our drinks and we ordered I asked David how he would be able to pay for all this. He just replied "I have my ways" and kissed my knuckles. I retracted my hand from his seeing as I don't want him or the girls to get the wrong impression I mean if he really likes me why hasn't he asked me out properly yet. I guess David noticed my frown because he tried to reach for me again but I just put my arm around Jessica who was sitting next to me in the booth. The girls are only 5 they don't need us to be arguing right now so I just gave David a look that said we would talk later. Finally! Our food arrived I ate like hadn't eaten in days I think David took notice because he started to look at me more worried every time I started to eat faster. I mean don't get me wrong I don't starve myself it's just that I only teach dance classes 2 times a week and it doesn't pay the best so sometimes I have to go with out eating to save my money in case of an emergency. When. We all finished and David payed we headed out to our cars David and the girls walked me to mine and the girls looked at me with tears in there eyes asking me if I would spend the night. I had to say no because I had to go to work tomorrow at the dance studio. They both latched onto my legs saying "don't go!" I would of loved to spend the night with their family but from what they've told me through the year about their home I know it only a 2 bedroom house. David cuts in the middle of their pleading and says "I can take you to work in the morning and pick you up afterwards only if you want to plus we still need to have our talk." So me being the me I caved and said yes. So I followed them in my car until we got to their house it was simple and modern but beautiful at the same time. I helped David unbuckle the girls from the backseat seeing as the we're already passed out I carried Jessie while David carried Jessica upstairs to their bedroom and tucked them in. He told me to wait in his room down the hall while he got the girls situated in bed. So I walked down the hallway admiring all the family photos until I came across one that had tears running down my face. It was a picture of him and a really pretty girl kissing and the little girls looking up at them with so much love it looked almost impossible. It makes me wonder why he kissed me in the studio earlier today even though we haven't discussed it, when he could have her and be happy. Thinking this was making my heart break I think I'm falling harder for him than I'm thought. I heard David call "Dallas where are you?" I called back "The hallway" as I wiped away my tears. He comes over and wraps his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder seeing as he was WAY taller than me. He asked "what you looking at hun?" I didn't trust my words and just pointed at the picture I was looking at. I felt his arms tighten where it almost hurt. He said "let me explain this please" I almost caved in and let him bit I was to tired to start arguing over nothing. Instead I just unhooked his arms from around me and just mumbled to him that I was gonna go sleep on the floor in the girls room. He didn't stop me.