Chapter 48 : Pretenses

Start from the beginning

"Ni you didn't have t--" He gave an airy shrug. "What can I do? Ignore them?" he snorted as the air got thicker around us. For a mere second, his expression darkened while staring at them cussing a low mantra of deep loathing words before he perked up, and pinched my cheeks fondly. "Definitely worth the experience." he gave a tiny bow to the 'now' empty space by the tables, and hooking his thin lanky arms with mine. I gave a breathy sigh. "I wonder why I even fell in-love with a psycho." I teased making us pause our little walk. For a split second, I thought he was going to be more aggressive, or something completely out of the ordinary, but he gave me an innocent smile claiming "That's why you love me." I elbowed him slightly. "Yeah, sounds about right." I agreed completely, because it was true.

"Hey by the way, where's Li--" "Oh my gosh! No way! NO!" a voice stopped us on our tracks. Already knowing who it was, we both swerved to the direction the voice originated from, discovering the Liamus-Puppiness-Paynus (pun intended) habitat at work. Niall's eyes glinted with amusement, and mischief. Already ahead of me, he took out his camera with a snicker, and pressed the red button to start recording film. I gave him a slight tsk gesture with the sound of my tongue clanging against the rims of my teeth jokingly.

Niall rolled his eyes, but focused on recording.

*~Liam POV~*

'No really Li, it's hilarious!! Aiden made me squirt milk out of my nose, laughing my arse off. It's great!' The situation appeared in my head, and I couldn't help but throw a cackle. "Hey!" she giggled. "you weren't supposed to laugh!" I was about to retort a snide remark, my ears caught a familiar snicker from around the corner, by the entrance. There stood 2 familiar figures who held both their phones to my direction.

'Li, something wrong?' she asked sternly as if she caught the vibe. "Uh Dani, they're here." I stuttered, and she giggled out loud almost as if she already knew what was going on. 'Alright Lili, love you, and say hi to the boys for me.' "love you too." I instantly responded, and with that, she hung up with one low beep, as I slid my phone into my pocket with a huff.

Slowly, I got up my seat and made my way to the two boys who now looked at one another's phone, look at me for a quick second, then laugh out loud. "Oh my gosh Zayn!! I'm gonna fucking bust my gut here!" Niall flailed at the boy, snickering outrageously. Zayn on-the-other-hand kept a cool, yet mocking smirk on my direction, and smiled fondly to the Irish lad who clung close to him, his pale arms wrapping around snuggly and loosely around his boyfriend.

"Ha, ha. Very funny." I rolled my eyes while crossing my arms. "Oh come on Li, give us a break." Niall crowed. "Yeah." Zayn agreed. "We're going to be here a while, so might as well have some fun, right?" it took me a few minutes to reconsider, but their puppy-like stares were starting to creep me out so.. "Fine." I nodded. "But at least let's find Haz and Lou first, yeah?" and they agreed with their heads nodding excitedly. "Let's!!" they both stated happily.

**Zayn POV**

"Hey Zayn?" Niall whispered silently to my ear. "Yeah?" "How much would you like to bet they had their way with each other while we were pre-occupied?" he flapped his brows playfully. "100 pounds says yes." "And 200 pounds they just did innuendos." Liam quipped with a bright smile. A gasp escaped my throat. "Who are you and what have you done with the real Liam Payne?" I teased. He rolled his eyes at the inside joke while cocking his head to the side. "Ah they're here!" he stated cheerily.

*{Harry POV}*

I felt a bit light-headed. That was definitely something I didn't expect. Nor did I predict that we could even get away with such a thing. I mean, this is like the second time I had it with him, and the places he touched still burned and ached for more if that was even possible. I wanted to rewind time at that intimate moment we just had a few minutes ago, and do it over again. If I mentioned something like this to him, I was sure he wouldn't let me live it down till I died or something. I can only imagine the dirty conversations he's going to bring up every second of the day. My life's going to be hell!!!