Chapter 6

A/N: Hiiii y'all, sorry for not posting for like five months congrats here you are

Hiccup paced the clubhouse floor, stuck in deep thought. He had watched with horror as a dragon root arrow pierced (Y/N)'s side and she contorted, her powers reacting to the arrow like the dragons do. He had watched without being able to do anything as she fell onto the deck of Viggo's ship.

Astrid had to get Toothless' attention to get him to leave, he'd just hovered there, not knowing what to do with Hiccup's reaction. He'd watched as Viggo's men dragged her unconscious form below deck, not even bothering to take the arrow out of her side. And now here he was, still unable to do anything.

"Hiccup?" Astrid spoke up, trying to pull him out of his thoughts. "What are we going to do?" He walked over to a table in the corner of the clubhouse, where he had his large map. He pointed at Viggo's island.

"Viggo is smarter than Dagur, he would know not to keep (Y/N) on a ship, they're too easy to break, he'd take her to his island and keep her there." He said, monotonous. "He knows that our dragons aren't strong enough to take out all of his men on his home turf, so he'd put her as far as he could from any entrance or easy access points. We'd need the A team if we plan to launch a rescue mission."

~Dagur's POV~

Dagur sauntered through the caves on Viggo's island, elated after hearing the news that his long lost prisoner was once more found. He turned a corner to find a section of the cave barred off with dragon proof metal, and guarded by several dragon hunters. Viggo was standing outside of the bars, evidently waiting for him.

"Dagur, good." Viggo said, turning around and gesturing to the guards to let them into the area. Inside was much more than it seemed. There was a tarp that Viggo had set up to hide the contents of the cave. It extended far into the cavern system, and had many dragon cages inside. Most of the dragons were extremely rare, and extremely valuable. There was a skrill, its cage watery, a flightmare, a razorwhip, and more. Each one was completely silent as the two walked through.

Dagur looked at several of the silent dragons, and saw that each one had a custom muzzle to keep them from making any noise at all. He looked down the tunnel, where Viggo seemed to be leading him, and saw that there was a single cage that almost looked empty. It was the only cage that had any noise coming from it at all. Dagur could hear very soft sobs from inside the cage, and he nearly smiled at the sound. As they got closer, a small shape came into view, a human form, huddled into itself.

"This creature you've told me about has proven surprisingly useful, Dagur," Viggo told him. "I've been using it to gather materials." He gestured to a shelf that Dagur immediately approached, amazed by all the labels. Viggo followed him, watching contentedly as Dagur scanned the jars.

"Flightmare Mist," Dagur read. "Is that really in here? You can just bottle it up like that?" Viggo nodded. "You've found a lot more uses for her than I ever did. Impressive." Viggo simply smiled and led Dagur back out of the cave.

"I've had my men prepare defensive measures for when the riders try to reclaim the creature. Firstly, there are many areas of the island that are continuously pumped with flightmare mist. There are also many areas where we've coated the ground with monstrous nightmare gel in such a way that it leaks into the ground, effectively making an unnoticeable char zone. As well as regular dragon traps any good hunter knows about."

Dagur looked at Viggo, trying to process the information that was just spat at him. "Uh, anything special for if they fly in?" Viggo smiled.

"There is a fireproof chain net that is currently over the main cave system, along with typhoomerangs that a trained to fire at anything in the sky that moves. Of course there is also the standard catapult system and more hunters than usual." Before Viggo could say anything more, a blast rattled the rocks at their feet, and the both of them looked towards the cavern to see fire pouring out of it.