Unstoppable Feelings | Jeno Imagine #5

Start from the beginning

"How are you and Dongmin doing?" One of your friends asked Misoo who was sitting across from you.

Misoo groaned, seeming annoyed by just the mention of her partner. "He's been so frustrating lately. He plays video games with his friends whenever we're together. He acts like I'm not even there."

You sat up in your seat when hearing your friend was going through a similar situation.

"Seriously? That's awful," Your other friend, Seona commented.

"Yeah, I'm probably going to break up with him," Misoo sighed.

"But...haven't you guys been together for almost a year now?" You asked, unsteadied by your friend's words.

She nodded sadly, "We have. But when guys focus too much on their own thing and stop putting effort into the relationship, that means he isn't interested in you anymore."

"Really?"

Seona placed a hand on Misoo's shoulder. "I agree. It's better to break up now before you guys fight more and start to resent one another."

That night, you lay in bed staring up at the ceiling. Sleep was out of the question when your friends' words kept replaying in your head. Did Jeno not want to be with you anymore?

He had become such a crucial part of your life. Jeno was always there during your hard times—even when you tried to push him away. The thought of separating from the one person that brought you so much happiness terrified you. You didn't know if you could handle it.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.

"Is everything okay?" Jaemin sat down beside him after dance practice one day. He noticed the boy wearing a troubled expression.

Jeno sighed, "(Y/n) has been acting weird lately."

"Why?"

"I asked her if she wanted to come over the other day. But she said she had a lot of homework to do, so she couldn't."

He pulled out his phone to show Jaemin their past texts. All of your responses were short and you didn't use any emoticons. He also brought up how you haven't been sending him the random cat videos you usually did.

"Maybe she's mad at you," Jaemin suggested.

Jeno leaned back against the couch, trying to think if he did anything to upset you lately. He then remembered the last few times you came over, and that's when he realized. He's barely paid any attention to you because he was so preoccupied with his game.

"Ugh, I messed up," He groaned.

The latter gave his friend a quizzical look when he stood up. "Where are you going?"

"To see (Y/n)," Jeno answered quickly, grabbing his jacket. "I need to talk to her."

You had been at home all day, doing homework, and studying for other classes. Trying not to think about Jeno was hard. Filling your time with university work was the only distraction you could come up with.

Late in the evening, your doorbell buzzed. Of course, the last person you expected to see was there when you answered the door.

"Jeno-ssi?"

His ears were flushed red from the cold, as he stood with flowers in his hand and a box of chocolates. Not knowing what to think of this, you ushered him into your apartment.

"What is all this?" You asked as he gave you the bouquet. Giving gifts was a rare thing between the two of you.

Jeno scratched his head, "Jaemin said that blue hyacinths are the best apology flowers."

"You didn't need to do that," You frowned, even though you were touched by this romantic gesture.

"No, I think I did. I'm sorry for taking our time together for granted." He took your hand. "You're always so understanding and patient. I shouldn't have been so careless."

The relief that washed over you was so heavy. Jeno's eyes widened when he saw you begin to tear up. He quickly wrapped his arms around you. You closed your eyes, letting yourself sink into his embrace. It felt like it's been so long since you guys hugged like this.

"I thought maybe you lost feelings for me," You confessed quietly.

His arms squeezed tighter around your waist, and you felt his lips brush against your hair.

"Pabo, my love for you will never leave," He spoke softly. "I'll do a better job of showing you that, from now on."

Looking back, this was just a minor bump in the road that the two of you were able to drive over. Jeno made sure to treasure you more so that you'd never feel insecure about your relationship again.

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂